• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DDC Zilch and/or Direct thread adapter

chadwickz71

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Jan 9, 2022
ennis,tx
In my quest to drop weight on my rifle i was about to by a new suppressor like a Sico schthe or ultra 7. The rep i was working with said "just use the Omega 30 i have and drop the quick detach mount of the back and put in a Zilch TI adapter and lose the ASR brake as well." He said i'll drop like 4oz and be down closer to the TI cans but still have a nice full auto rated Can altogether. Sounds great to me...

Im confused on the Zilch... What brake do i use on my 5/8x24 thread with the Zilch to accomplish this setup trying to keep weight to a minimum?

And i also see diligent makes a 5/8x24 direct thread but at that point i have no brake on the gun, and probably would need a muzzle cap which i have...

Whats the best way to do this, weight manement in mind. I want to trim the fat on this Omega .30 and keep running it.

Guessing by this and by done? https://diligentdefense.com/sample/

Gun is a 18" AR creedmoor.

Last edited:
The Zilch uses tradition plan b/Q style/rearden taper mounts but you’d want to use a super short break/FH else it may not fit.

I have a zilch and love it cause it also will cut down your overall length some. However, if you just want it for this rifle I’d go direct thread, it’ll save even more weight cause no muzzle device.

Thanks I’m thinking just going direct thread because I can use the 36m as a quick detach on everything else. Just making sure there wasn’t some “better” way out there that you guys knew of that my ignorant self hasn’t stumbled across yet