Decibullz Custom Molded Percussive Shooting Filters

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    We've been testing out the new Decibullz Custom Molded Percussive Shooting Ear Pro for the past several weeks with great results. These are a great alternative to expensive custom molded inner ear protection and an upgrade over the current Surefire models a lot of people are using.

Pricing on the Filtered units is $75 and non filtered is $26.

Decibullz - Click Here!

Decibullz Custom Molded Percussive Shooting Filters

Decibullz Custom Molded Earplugs - Non Filtered

Check out the video here too:

DBZ-PercussiveFilters-03__01112.1553120025.jpg

Decibullz DIY Thermo-fit Molded Earpieces combined with new cutting edge percussive impulse filter technology. Decibullz Percussive Filters protect users from the peak sound pressure of gun shots, artillery fire, and explosions, suppressing them to safe levels and protecting users from hearing damage. Custom molding is easy, simply warm the earpieces in water and shape to your ears. The earpieces can even be re-heated and re-shaped if needed. Unlike electronic hearing protection, Decibullz Filters never need batteries.

Weight: 0.4.6 lbs
    Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.5 x 1.5 in
    Color: Black
    Rating: The filters are ANSI IPIL certified up to 166 dB with a max NRR of 31.
    Included: 2 Sets of Decibullz Thermo-fit Earpieces, 2 Percussive Filters, Premium Hard Carrying Case, S, M, L Max Isolation Foam Tips, S, M, L, Triple Flange Silicone Tips, Instructions

How do these compare to the safariland impulse ear plugs? I use them because the surefires don't agree with the shape of my ear.

I've never personally tried them but you're going to get a better seal with the Decibullz as it encapsulates more of the ear passage when molded properly and will also stay in place better as well. The safariland does look like another good cost alternative too though!

Reactions: Memberberries
    I have some of the non-filtered ones and really like them. I have been hesitant to buy the percussive filtered ones and not being enough with braked rifles or pistols shooting steel.

I’ve been using these for about 7 months. ive been using ear pro for decades but have recently learned that I have hearring loss and tinitus as a result of it not properly fitting.

i now wear plugs under electronic head phones with gel pads. using the percussive filters enhances the presure and sound suppression while enhancing the desirable conversations at the same time

Reactions: kthomas
    How do these do with normal conversation? I imagine there is some volume reduction even when the filters aren't being "activated". I use the cheaper electronic muffs now and I kind of enjoy the ability to "turn up" ambient noise.

How do these do with normal conversation? I imagine there is some volume reduction even when the filters aren't being "activated". I use the cheaper electronic muffs now and I kind of enjoy the ability to "turn up" ambient noise.

I'd Say it's between having a conversation with no ear pro in and one with old school ear plugs without filters. They'd also enhance electronic muffs better when you double up as well!

Ran these at the match today. Worked very well. No problem hearing people talk or issue from the rifles. No batteries to worry about. Ear canal did start to get sore the last two stages but not uncomfortable. Highly recommend as backups.

I normally run Silnyx or Howells.

I don't trust just plugs for shooting. Noise can still travel to the inner ear via vibration through the cochlea bones, which while not perfect, muffs do a better job of insulating.

Perhaps if I was shooting suppressed I would use something just like in the OP (maybe), but I'm a muffs over ear plugs guy. Will double up with muffs and ear plugs if shooting indoors or under a roof.