• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Deep throat on DPMS SASS 308

My SASS barrel has the opposite problem it has a leade so short that a factory 150 gr 308 would stick the bullet in the lands. Took me another $100 to get the throat extended enough to use some decent bullets. Crappy DPMS quality!

My last one an AP4 308 had the short chamber also, I just replaced the barrel. yeah inconsistent but still an effective rifle for the $ spent.

My SASS barrel has the opposite problem it has a leade so short that a factory 150 gr 308 would stick the bullet in the lands. Took me another $100 to get the throat extended enough to use some decent bullets. Crappy DPMS quality!

You are lucky Jerry.

This means that you can take advantage of the "heavy for caliber bullets" in your rig.

You can run the 185/190 Bergers, the 208AMAX/210 Bergers and seat them out with enough case capacity to exploit their BC potential...if you are willing to single-load.

It does nothing for you if you mag feed them...but the Bergers like a loooooong jump or about 30-thousands off the lands.

Sounds awfully good. You have a decent shot at a .5 MoA gas gun once you find the sweet spot for your rounds.

Not sure if I would care what my comparator said if my rifle shot that well. :)