Different stock options for Savage 112BVSS .223, short action, blind internal mag?

swartwood

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2024
San Antonio TX
I've had a Savage 112BVSS in .223 for over 25 years - love this rifle...hate the stock. Its a short action with a blind internal mag. Looking for another stock for it but get confused on what my options might be. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks y'all!

Attachments

• 112BVSS 2.JPG
    112BVSS 2.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 112BVSS.JPG
    112BVSS.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 34
I may be wrong but I believe it will fit in any model 10 short action stock.
What is the screw spacing on the receiver.

Is there a particular style of stock you are looking for?

On the lower end I would look at the KRG Bravo or MDT XRS. Both of these would accept an AICS magazine and be adjustable for comb height and length of pull.

For a more traditional stock Boyd’s.
https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/prod...tachable-mag-la-lh-stk-lh-act-fbc-43a344f05zz

You can still do either adjustable comb or length of pull or custom length of pull.

I believe yours is a top bolt release on the right side of the receiver.

Reactions: swartwood

On the lower end I would look at the KRG Bravo or MDT XRS. Both of these would accept an AICS magazine and be adjustable for comb height and length of pull.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/prod...tachable-mag-la-lh-stk-lh-act-fbc-43a344f05zz

You can still do either adjustable comb or length of pull or custom length of pull.

Savage 112BVSS  bolt release.jpg
Savage 112BVSS  (1).jpg

Sorry, didn't know how to add this text along with pics - still learning this forums how-to. Added two pics that may help. I am not sure how to measure the screw spacing. Do I need to remove stock to do this?

I'd be happy with any sort of stock that had more of a pistol grip and adjustable comb and length of pull. Rifle currently has internal magazine - new stock could be either internal or an external AICS style (not a requirement but would be cool to have).

Thanks again for any insights you have. The "112" model part throws me off since its an older rifle. Everything I see is for model 10 or 12; assuming the 12 is more aligned with my 112 model.

Dave

Why the hate?

What are you looking for in options?
I went from the original to an old Choate, to the fiberglass (Prariedog tactical), to an XLR. Wanting a removable mag was my driver.

Attachments

• 2013-12-21 18.41.56(1).jpg
    2013-12-21 18.41.56(1).jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201216_164202.jpg
    20201216_164202.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 18
I would guess as a short action pre accutrigger your bolt spacing is 4.275.
Thanks! When you mention "Prariedog tactical" is that a brand name?

Why the hate? Just really dislike the abnormally large palm/hand swell on the original laminated wood stock - just never can seem to get a good grip on it. Also disappointed with lack of ability to fit stock to my shoulder - has always felt awkward.