• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos Digital Camo 1st Attempt

Re: Digital Camo 1st Attempt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308skinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks sweet! Are they free stencils for this? </div></div>

No, the stencil was about $12-15 and comes on a huge roll of 3M label stock.

I've seen others make their own patterns using Engineering paper that has the 1/8" grid on it but then you have to find a way of adhering it.

Wow. Really like it. I've been thinking about painting out my rifle in digital. You've given me some inspiration.

What were your colors (assuming Krylon)?

Nice job! Looks like you canted the digital stripes forward (kind of like Tiger Stripe)? Nice touch.

I see you're dealing with the bane of all gun painters...how to deal with the rubber on the lens caps. I have yet to find a really good solution. Everything I've tried ends up looking like crap after a few months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana3gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I see you're dealing with the bane of all gun painters...how to deal with the rubber on the lens caps. I have yet to find a really good solution. Everything I've tried ends up looking like crap after a few months. </div></div>

I never used it but might give it a try. Maybe with the new hot pink should be a winner
grin.gif

From Duracoat They also have stencils for digital camo.

It's just Khaki & Olive Krylon, and yeah, those scope covers require some sort of prep that I obvioulsy didn't do.

I found quite a few pics of other patterns where they slanted them a bit, I thought it helped with the overall breakup of the vertical & horizontal lines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsybouts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I found quite a few pics of other patterns where they slanted them a bit, I thought it helped with the overall breakup of the vertical & horizontal lines. </div></div>

Regarding slanting the pattern...I agree with you!!
grin.gif

[image]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/gittings55/DSC04156.jpg[/image]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsybouts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just Khaki & Olive Krylon </div></div>

Got it. Thanks.