• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Disapointed in MidwayUSA - watch for this!

gunman_7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2006
Well after redoing the initial order three times, I think they are finally getting it right... But this last time around I decided to add one more thing to it, a .269 redding neck bushing, they say it's out o fstock but back order is ok, no big deal.

Then I realize my shipping costs are higher... SO I checked into why, here is what I found out....

Lets say you place a $100 order of things that are in stock and say your shipping comes out to be $10.

Now if you wait until tomorrow and one of those items are now back ordered, but you go ahead and place the exact same order, they will STILL charge you the $10 in shipping but ALSO another $4 in shipping for when the back order come and gets shipped separate! SO you get to pay for being inconvenienced, and for there mistakes...

I thought that was complete BS so I called to complain, the customer service gal verified my concern, and she agreed it's double dipping and taking advantage of the customers...

So I told them to pound sand.... I didn't like Midway for a long time, but I was just starting to warm back up to them, then they pull this shit....

FWIW never place an order with Midway if something is back ordered, unless your willing to pay more for there screw up of being out of stock...

Re: Disapointed in MidwayUSA - watch for this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now if you wait until tomorrow and one of those items are now back ordered, but you go ahead and place the exact same order, they will STILL charge you the $10 in shipping but ALSO another $4 in shipping for when the back order come and gets shipped separate! SO you get to pay for being inconvenienced, and for there mistakes...

I thought that was complete BS so I called to complain, the customer service gal verified my concern, and she agreed it's double dipping and taking advantage of the customers...

</div></div>

While I prefer the way Cabelas does it (one shipping charge, backordered or not) I understand the way Midway does it.

How is the "their mistake" that you didn't order it when it was in stock? You don't think it costs them $4 more to mail it in 2 seperate packages? I'll bet that it cost them more than $4 to mail one bushing after they have the labor to pull it, package it, pay for the packaging and postal cost to mail a one piece backorder.

Next time, just order stuff that's in stock, blaming a company for not wanting to take a money losing order is silly in my opinion. Like Midway or not, it's a for profit company and you can't expect them to have everything in stock every day, that would be impossible.

they tell you that right in the shipping info section, I have bought a TON of crap from them. If they down have it i just bump it till my next order. no big day there shipping is soooo cheap anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And WTF is up with a $3 small order charge??? I get penalized for only needing a couple things? </div></div>

Am I losing it or did they previously charge $4 but now they lowered the price to $3...
crazy.gif
???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

While I prefer the way Cabelas does it (one shipping charge, backordered or not) I understand the way Midway does it.

How is the "their mistake" that you didn't order it when it was in stock? You don't think it costs them $4 more to mail it in 2 seperate packages? I'll bet that it cost them more than $4 to mail one bushing after they have the labor to pull it, package it, pay for the packaging and postal cost to mail a one piece backorder.

Next time, just order stuff that's in stock, blaming a company for not wanting to take a money losing order is silly in my opinion. Like Midway or not, it's a for profit company and you can't expect them to have everything in stock every day, that would be impossible. </div></div>

No you didn't read the post correctly.... I used that as an example. The problem is just because they didn't plan right and something is back ordered they charge me TWICE to ship that item....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No you didn't read the post correctly.... I used that as an example. The problem is just because they didn't plan right and something is back ordered they charge me TWICE to ship that item....</div></div>

I'm confused... how did THEY fail to plan right?

If something goes back-ordered, right before the time you place the order, they usually notify you by email (they always did to me) and ask you what to do.
Midway problems are others IMO, that is a $hitty slow web site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway problems are others IMO, that is a $hitty slow web site.
</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biglakesrule</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway problems are others IMO, that is a $hitty slow web site.
</div></div>

+1</div></div>

Now that one I understand.

Midways shipping and other fees have caused me to only buy from them is no else has it and I need it now. They were my go to place for everything at one time but I spend 99.9% of my money else where now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem is just because they didn't plan right and something is back ordered...</div></div>

That <span style="text-decoration: underline">never</span> happens with other vendors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And WTF is up with a $3 small order charge??? I get penalized for only needing a couple things? </div></div>

Am I losing it or did they previously charge $4 but now they lowered the price to $3...
crazy.gif
??? </div></div>

Shit, the fact that they charge a "small order fee" at all is disgraceful.

1. You can't plan enough to keep an item off the backorder list, its gonna happen.
2. There is no way for you to know if something has just went into backorder status
3. If you dont like how they do business, take your business elsewhere..... pretty simple.

Yeah... no shipping on Backorder would be GREAT ! I could order a In Stock Die Set AND 10 Shooting mats that are on Backorder, pay the $6 shipping on the dies and make them Eat the $70 shipping on mats
smile.gif

they revoked my C&R discount because i was "an internet dealer". granted, they couldn't provide me any sort of website where i was selling and drop-shipping (their original claim), or any other information to back up their claim.

but they stood by it, so f*ck larry potterfield and his bearded wonderboy russ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And WTF is up with a $3 small order charge??? I get penalized for only needing a couple things? </div></div>

crazy.gif
??? </div></div>

Shit, the fact that they charge a "small order fee" at all is disgraceful. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. You can't plan enough to keep an item off the backorder list, its gonna happen.
2. There is no way for you to know if something has just went into backorder status
3. If you dont like how they do business, take your business elsewhere..... pretty simple. </div></div>
I agree. I have never had any problems w/ Midway on shipping or anything. Besides, they explain their policies at the bollom of the cart page.

*Items with a status of "Out of Stock, Backorder OK" will be placed on backorder upon checking out. You will not be charged for these items until they are shipped to you.

†MidwayUSA attempts to keep our costs as low as possible so we can give our Customers the best pricing in the industry. Since we will accept any size order, there is a Special Handling Charge of $3.00 for all retail product orders under $25.00 and $4.00 for all dealer product orders under $40.00 to offset the additional costs associated with handling orders under these amounts.

Screw Midway, they suck the pee pole ever since Supa Fly Larry decided to go Hollywood instead of managing a small family operated business. It so painfully clear, that they are now a conglomerate, the Wal Mart of the shooting world, if you will.

The best coupon code for Midway is www.powdervalley.com or my favorite, www.midsouth.com.

If he wasn't so busy showing hillbillies how to re-crown a muzzle with a brass screw, a drill, and valve grinding compound, and figuring out how to work his inventory software, Midway would be better for it.

I am real suspect of folks standing up for midway as well. If you order enough from them on a regular basis, you will see what everyone is bitching about, if you order 2-3 times a year, the odds are in Midways favor, if you order 2-3 times a month, good luck.

Did I say L-Pot is a tool yet?

I actually really like Midway. I'm not sure what y'alls problem is, but I have found their customer service to be great.

Brownells on the other hand, is a disaster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am real suspect of folks standing up for midway as well.</div></div>

Well, as long as you're not interviewed during my next background check, I guess I'm okay.

I like having a book on backorder for 5 1/2 months and then receiving an email from Mr. "Thanks for your business" Potterfield explaning how they are releasing my item from backorder because they will not be stocking it anymore.

It wouldn't bother me so much but it seems to be the rule and not the exception with MidwayUSA. I usually spend somewhere between $500-$1000 a year with them ordering various reloading supplies and components, but I can only place my orders maybe 2 or 3 times out of the year because 9 times out of 10 half of my shopping cart will be on backorder.

I run a small business of my own, and I know that if I can't stock something then I can't sell it, and my customers will look elsewhere for the product or service. That being the case I don't spend my work days filming how-to videos and going on safaris in Africa, I handle my customer's needs monday-friday 9-5pm. If I am running low on something, I order more before I completely run out. For every 1 item that I sell, I order 2 more. I have no problem keeping items in stock, I don't give my customers a song and dance BS run-around as to why I don't have a product in stock. If its something I don't normally stock, I let the customer know right off the bat that it will have to be ordered in, and will take a week or 2 for shipping. What's MidwayUSA's excuse? I'm sure they have employee(s) that manage shipping, inventory, sales, etc. whereas I do all that work by myself and still manage just fine. If they don't want to manage their inventory fine but don't lie to my face and try to pass the buck to their distributors, because I call them and verify that they do in fact have the product in stock but MidwayUSA doesn't want to go ahead and place an order. I think they are just being cheap and try to consolidate their orders and shipping, which is understandable but DAMN don't let inventory get depleted! The extra shipping and processing charges are just icing on the cake, but watching Larry and his son on tv every week pushing their Wheeler and Caldwell garbage really gets on my nerves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am real suspect of folks standing up for midway as well.</div></div>

Well, as long as you're not interviewed during my next background check, I guess I'm okay. </div></div>

I agree Eddie...LMAO. But I stand up for them because they have never given me a reason not to. And I just got an order from them today. I average 2-3 orders a month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well, as long as you're not interviewed during my next background check, I guess I'm okay.</div></div>

The negative feedback I would give on you would have little to do with your love for Midway.
grin.gif

I've had the same problem. I ordered some bullet and brass well got the brass. The oreder form said the bellets were BO ok that cool. Well the charged me $6 to ship the bullets on top of the shipping for the brass. The is BS thats why i only order what is is stock from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem is just because they didn't plan right and something is back ordered...</div></div>

That <span style="text-decoration: underline">never</span> happens with other vendors. </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. You can't plan enough to keep an item off the back-order list, its gonna happen.
2. There is no way for you to know if something has just went into back-order status
3. If you don't like how they do business, take your business elsewhere..... pretty simple. </div></div>Guys, pull your head out and re-read my post. I'm not bitching that items are back ordered, I understand that happens, but what REALLY chaps my ass is that they double charge you on shipping for that back ordered item! Once with the initial order, and again to ship it out.

Go order $100 worth of goods one of which (take my example) being a redding bushing that was in stock and ready to go, great... shipping is $10 (example). Now go back and place that SAME order but this time pick a bushing that's BO, and look at the shipping, now not only do they charge you the $10 shipping but ALSO and extra $3 for shipping out the back order item! BULLSHIT!

The $3 extra charge is what they actually charged me for the extra shipping on the bushing, I know it's not that much but it's also a small item, whats it going to be on a large item? Besides it's more of the principle of screwing your customers over when there not looking. I would have never found this out if I hadn't clicked on the wrong bushing an not realize it until I was in the check out, so I go back select the right one and low and behold it was BO. So I get to the check out and presto, an extra shipping charge because of their lack of planning...