• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DIY cat tail or switchview for scopes, 2 for 20$

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
For a cat tail or switchview, try a "Breakaway Coaster". 2 for $17.79
http://www.breakawayusa.com/products/accessories/coasters/

nbreakawaycoaster.jpg

NC1 "Universal" Black Coaster Clips from Breakaway. They're used to secure a reel to a rod. Order them here. I use one on my Tac30 1-4x and MTAC 3.5-10x. Less than $20 for the pair (not sure if they're still sold as pairs).

The knob part turns to tighten them down. Once tight, use a sharp razor to cut the excess off.

Here's a (lousy) pic of the one on my 1-4x. You can see the knob right above the Burris logo on the ocular:

IMG_1526.jpg

on my pst

Thanks to your original post on these, I now have one on my TAC30 and PST as well. A friend put them on his rifles too. Thanks for bringing these to the attention of the shooting community. Nick at Breakaway is grateful as well!

I bought a few and tried 'em then bought a few more, enogh for all my variable power scopes.
They work. Yes, they're ugly.
Add a strip of innertube (or a cut rubberband) between the coaster and metal zoom rings for a little extra grip.

Joe

I wasn't really sure I would like these, but recently bought a couple of them to give them a spin (pun intended).

I like it. It is definitely a little quicker and easier to change magnification while shooting a stage at a match.

You can also take mental note of where the lever oughtta be at "stage starting" power, say ~10X, and know at a glance your scope's magnification is correct before starting a match stage.

I need something like this for the parallax ring (same place as most power rings) on my swfa hd 10x. My concern is that the thing is slanted. Do you think it would slide forward and lose it's grip?