• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DIY Powder Funnel?

vinniedelpino

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Charlotte NC
    I'm supposed to be loading up rounds for the weekend and I left both of my powder funnels at my parents.

Any ideas for a temporary fix? I tried rigging one up with card stock and it's more hassle than it's worth.

Did you take a wrong turn after leaving your parents’ house and get stuck in the middle of a desert?...but can still reload...if you just had a powder funnel...in which case, the option from @sleeplz is not a terrible one...what’s around you?

Cut off the mouth/neck area from an empty bottle, form some aluminum foil, buy a cheap funnel from the nearby Walmart or LGS...??

Did you take a wrong turn after leaving your parents’ house and get stuck in the middle of a desert?...but can still reload...if you just had a powder funnel...in which case, the option from @sleeplz is not a terrible one...what’s around you?

Cut off the mouth/neck area from an empty bottle, form some aluminum foil, buy a cheap funnel from the nearby Walmart or LGS...??
    I sold my house and I'm renting in a little HOA community while we build on acreage outside of town. I have four kids and no spare rooms for reloading here so I set up my own bench next to my dad's in his reloading room. The drive sucks, but it is what it is.

On my way home I stopped by and loaded up a box with (almost) everything I needed, including prepped cases with the hopes of priming, charging and seating on my kitchen island this evening. I mounted my old lee press to a piece of butcher block and clamped it to the island, laid everything out and realized I forgot the funnel. Between rigging up a finnicky funnel and weighing charges on a beam scale I gave up after 10 rounds I'm not super optimistic about. I would've hit up walmart if I knew they had something workable.

Moving sucks.

I sold my house and I'm renting in a little HOA community while we build on acreage outside of town. I have four kids and no spare rooms for reloading here so I set up my own bench next to my dad's in his reloading room. The drive sucks, but it is what it is.

On my way home I stopped by and loaded up a box with (almost) everything I needed, including prepped cases with the hopes of priming, charging and seating on my kitchen island this evening. I mounted my old lee press to a piece of butcher block and clamped it to the island, laid everything out and realized I forgot the funnel. Between rigging up a finnicky funnel and weighing charges on a beam scale I gave up after 10 rounds I'm not super optimistic about. I would've hit up walmart if I knew they had something workable.

Moving sucks.
    Moving does suck. However, building on acreage outside of town sounds worth it. Hang in there...especially with four kiddos along for the ride! I've moved five times in the last five years, but recently landed somewhere a little more permanent...good timing since there's now a new-born in the house.

I hope you've figured out the funnel issue by now. Have fun!

Reactions: vinniedelpino
    printer paper.

Also known to eliminate velocity flat spots if you swirl counter clockwise as the powder drops through the funnel into the case.
    And eliminates variances in neck tension by not using fancy funnels...

Will be the best ammo you ever loaded!