• Fast is Fine, Accuracy is Final

New tee just dropped. Shop now!

Grab yours

Do you believe the government has an electronic database of gun owners?

Do you believe the gov had an electronic database of gun owners?

• Yes

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
If domestic espionage, and Constitutional violations by our own government are on the table...the answer is always "yes".

They just lack the manpower, and probably 1-2 more generations of conditioning before they can do anything with it on any kind of scale.

There’s a movie called “Snowden” (based on a true story). If they can monitor people at that level, a database with all the firearms info is peanuts.

AI voice assistants on EV’s, both iOS and android platforms are constantly listening. They slip up here and there.

All gun shops that do electronic 4473s have to keep the electronic file on a hard drive…….
AND they have to keep them for the life of their business. The ATF was busted a few years ago doing some hanky-panky with NICS information:

All gun shops that do electronic 4473s have to keep the electronic file on a hard drive…….
Everyone sends it in electronically technically, because that's how they answer it..... but ..... if you fill out the paper and send it in then they just keep the paper copy and record it in their book.

It's a much better way and I would ask any store how they do it before I bought or filled it out. The ones that do it that way , do it for a reason .

Reactions: Charmingmander
I have access to the Canadian one.

It shows you who, what, where, when , why.

It was set up for confiscation in 1996.

Now they are using it to try and confiscate guns...

But they haven't because they are afraid of armed conflict...assassinations....theft...and probably kidnapping and rape.

Registration leads to confiscation.

Not true... Every electronic 4473 is printed from the app and must be stored by the FFL.
That may be a partial truth, see below. I ran a gun store during this change of rule. They are kept on a hard drive for the life of the business.
AND they have to keep them for the life of their business. The ATF was busted a few years ago doing some hanky-panky with NICS information:

Data is the most valuable commodity that exists today. It would be naive to assume these datapoints and others are not being collected at every opportunity.
They've been caught doing it many times, of course they are. Any info that comes though there, is being kept. They've proven themselves liars over and over.

Reactions: 0724/1030