• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Do you believe the government has an electronic database of gun owners?

Do you believe the gov had an electronic database of gun owners?

• Yes

Votes: 121 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
if you want a suppressor and live in a free state, just buy one.
I did 10 years ago, thereabouts. excellent purchase, expensive but well used. buy once cry once also, it isn't that expensive after you realize one good can should last your entire shooting life, and maybe significantly more.
It's harder now, but I'd still 10x rather it be quick and the paperwork be a little more difficult and foolproof on their end.
I've done both fwiw, first time trust so no background check and no fingerprints or anything, just a year long wait.
that said, I can/have done and passed all those things so my future purchases were individual to keep it more simplified.
These are the "good old days" for suppressed shooting.
This. Get the can. They already know where we live. Might as well enjoy it.

Reactions: Cody S
It's probably illegal to possess 2k fish eggs without a breeders license.
Then there's the environmental study, watershed impact, raptor health society approval and Bunny Behavioral Coalition.

Don't forget the turtles. The turtles are important too.
Ever zipped open a salmon or steelhead then it will blow that number away just saying.

I am well aware of the process, the problem is Peoples Republic of Illinois bans them . I believe there is a case in the courts now trying to address this, until the BS law is struck down, not much I can do besides move and right now that is not an option.
I haven’t “ yellow sheeted” …4473’d a gun since the 80’s. That was for a 10-22.
Haven’t done but maybe 3-4 in my life.
Didn’t like doing it then. Won’t ever do it again.
I can do without a can if keeps me on the down low. 😎

California: DROS: Dealer Report of Sale

Like when they "accidentally" posted on their public website a link to download the unencrypted database containing the personal info on a couple hundred thousand gun owners. Or the law they passed a couple years ago which allows non-government entities access to all gun owners info for "research" purposes. Giffords Law Center and Bloomberg's Everytown knows the personal info on everyone (~4 million) in California who has filled out any form in the last few years regarding firearms.

• Angry
Reactions: Franko and Im2bent
Illinois passed a law ("gun dealer licensing act") that increased the burden on operating as an FFL in IL. The (intended) result is that many FFLs could not absorb the extra costs, and had to close. Close to 50% of FFLs in the state closed, according to some sources.

And what happened to their bound books? Why, turned over to the ATF, of course!

I'm sure the entries therein were not inventoried...
Too bad some of them didn't do what Olympic Arms did in 2000.

No, I don't think the government has a database of gun owners. I know they do.

Wray and a dem. Congresswoman confirmed it during the first Crooks hearing. Wray even said the ATF mentioned the exact AR used by Crooks @Butler was sold to him by his father, although he doesn't know the exact amount it was sold for (you know, the gun the parents said was "missing" along with Crooks for two hours that day and was the reason for them to call the place, but wasn't a reason the other 43 times he went to the range with it).

Reactions: TexPatriot
So you just run cans without a stamp? It's not like it matters , if you are on a list, you're on a list. If you have bought a new gun, or any gun through an FFL, you are on a list. Those with cans are on a list or maybe 2 lists... I don't see a difference. Given what all these agencies did to one of if not the most powerful man in the world, I don't think staying off the suppressor owner list is going to matter much
No. Not a can.
He was referring to the fee paid to legally own a fully automatic weapon.

Anyone who has ever been in law enforcement should know just how quickly an ATF “Trace” can be run in an “emergency” situation. If it was sold through a dealer they know who the last owner was. That’s why they don’t want individual sales since the sales don’t leave footprints.

Manufacturer serial number, distributor like an on-line purchase from Midway, shipped to FFL, sold or just transferred to customer.
Does their database work in reverse?
Like check to see how many guns you've bought from different dealers?

A few recent cases where "they" had to contact the dealer to see if the gun was purchased "legally".
They had the perp, they had the gun, took dealer record to show a completed 4473.
I think it is often abused but the advertised purpose of the 4473 being cleared by the ATF is to catch unlawful purchases. If there was a database then there wouldn't be any need to get sales/transfer data from the manufacturer or dealer. Just go to the database and find the customer, where he bought it, and have a look at the 4473.

Seems finding out where the latest assassin got the SKS with out knowing the serial number has been a problem.
(hole in the database?)

Last edited:
I haven’t “ yellow sheeted” …4473’d a gun since the 80’s. That was for a 10-22.
Haven’t done but maybe 3-4 in my life.
Didn’t like doing it then. Won’t ever do it again.
I can do without a can if keeps me on the down low. I cant imagine my 2000 posts on a gun forum say anything about me. 😎
FIFY

The right agency probably has Eugene Stoner's personal cell number :) to check serial number's in the middle of the night.
Still seems most tracing cases need a trip or call to the final FFL to complete.
They have the gun and still need the FFL to help.

Took a lot of effort to trace all the guns used in the Las Vegas shooting.
If it worked in reverse all it would have taken is click, click, done.
One thing for sure is the fed RADAR is not linked to the gun database

Last edited:
Something to do with the Fire?
No, not at all.

A LOT more to do with the flood, then the forced evacuation, then while the town is evacuated, the RCMP (Really Cool Marijuana Pushers) went and kicked in EVERY door that had a firearms license, and continued ransacking ONLY THOSE HOMES until all the listed/registered firearms were confiscated.

And yes, safes were cut open, as well as every single 'lawful storage container' in those homes....

Look it up, true facts, publicized and everything, and yet....

• Wow
Reactions: timesublime
The real question is who are the 5 complete idiots who do not think they have a data base of gun owners? How are people this stupid allowed to join this website or steal oxygen from the rest of us. They tracked the first Trump shooters rifle through its commercial life in a matter of minutes. They either had the firearms information from his previous visits to FBI headquarters or they have a data base, your choice.

I believe they have one because A: it's explicitly unconstitutional, 2: glowies on forums adamantly deny it, and D: just cuz.

IMG_4266.jpeg

They probably do.

Ever since Edward Snowden exposed how EVERYTHING is datamined - it’s not unreasonable to assume that the government has this massive trove of data to use against anybody they fancy.

Does it really matter?
There's guns in at least 50% of the households. That makes it a coin flip when they are at the door

But then again, you don’t really go testing for Herpes in a brothel - so this is quite a valid point :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: E. Bryant
Reactions: LuckyLuke80
I firmly believe “They” have a whole lot more knowledge about us than we want them to have. It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out that some random nobody out in the sticks in Idaho has a few guns. Some of those guys might have an illegal gun or three, plus homemade nfa items like a suppressor. Those items are not known to the feds, but it’s not hard for them to guess where the problem areas are. Besides that there is likely a few glowies in here that are happy to pass on info to the higher ups. It’s just how the government works. Oh, the cia isn’t allowed to spy on US citizens inside the USA? No problem, we will just pass the patriot act and let them spy anyways. I love my country, but I sure don’t feel like the federal government is looking out for our best interests.

Back when I got home from Iraq, my stepdad was arrested for orchestrating a bank robbery. I was called in to talk to the detective because the pistol used was registered to me(I had given it to my mom). While in his office, I was handed a binder with every firearm I had ever purchased in the state of Oregon. All the dealers had been assured that there was no such registry…

So you just run cans without a stamp? It's not like it matters , if you are on a list, you're on a list. If you have bought a new gun, or any gun through an FFL, you are on a list. Those with cans are on a list or maybe 2 lists... I don't see a difference. Given what all these agencies did to one of if not the most powerful man in the world, I don't think staying off the suppressor owner list is going to matter much
Lol some people are on special lists

Also. Why y’all think they changed the 4473. It’s to make the scanning quicker easier for them

Not true... Every electronic 4473 is printed from the app and must be stored by the FFL.
In the 80's they were all paper, stored and logged in your bound book. I was an FFL until the second Clinton admin. started the "brick and mortar rule" They are still paper and stored until you relinquish your license then who really knows. It's my opinion they are scanned and databased. Why wouldn't they be? Laws don't matter anymore.........

I would like to have a suppressor too …. BUT ?

To get one most people on here know what the process is to acquire one.
Isn’t it odd that suddenly the process has shortened the wait times recently , from months to weeks 🤔 ? …….Why ? If your a first time can buyer that tips the man off that you probably have some serious weapons. The long wait times from stamp to actually screwing it on WAS a big reason I never tried. Now , the less attention I bring on myself the better. Shorter wait times …..something don’t seem right.

Your paranoia leads you into mental gymnastics.

If the ATF already has the list you're already on it and they know what you have.

If they're at your door it's well past time to put them to use anyways. You're not keeping anything at that point.

Short wait times is simply a byproduct of the ATF and FBI finally communicating digitally rather than by the pallet of paper.

Reactions: Sandhog308