• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Does anyone know what this adjustable rear stock rest is?

yo-yo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2024
CO
Does anyone know what this rear stock rest is? I'm looking for a little more stability and adjustability in the rear and I saw this, but they don't way what it is and I don't see anyone selling something like this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• rear stock stand.jpg
    rear stock stand.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 137
Looks like a monopod. They don’t have a great reputation for stability vs a regular bag and bag rider
Ok. Thanks! Thanks for the tip on stability. I have a bag rider for my MDT chassis, but I didn't like it with the Caldwell tactical bag set I bought. I thought I would try something else. I like shooting out of my friend's lead sled (without the lead), but I was wanting some stability with the "tilt" I can't control well in the front rest of the sled. I thought I might get a bi-pod to better control the front tilt, and I still need something to help stabilize the rear.

Ok. Thanks! Thanks for the tip on stability. I have a bag rider for my MDT chassis, but I didn't like it with the Caldwell tactical bag set I bought. I thought I would try something else. I like shooting out of my friend's lead sled (without the lead), but I was wanting some stability with the "tilt" I can't control well in the front rest of the sled. I thought I might get a bi-pod to better control the front tilt, and I still need something to help stabilize the rear.
Get a decent bipod and a good rear bag. IMO Harris 9-13 SLM is bare minimum for bipod. Those Caldwell bags may be too stiff to provide a good rest. Take some fill out or get a softer bag. I have a wiebad mini range cube I like a lot as a rear bag

A rear bag can make or break prone shooting entirely. I run an Armageddon game changer and atlas bipod generally

I’ve used many of the cheaper bags as well. That Caldwell is the last bag design I’d get for a rear bag. I definitely wouldn’t shoot off that set as my only option. I have a set similar to those but green. They suck

Id rather run a mile and roll up my boxers as a rear rest than use those

I run a protektor rear bag for my fclass setup if you want something for that. Much stiffer and more or less tracks the rifle vs a standard bag design

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
He's not in production at the moment, as far as I know, but he says he will be back up and running once he gets re-situated in Mississippi. I have 2 of the first bags...whatever they are called, I think "The Answer"

Reactions: LeftyJason
He's not in production at the moment, as far as I know, but he says he will be back up and running once he gets re-situated in Mississippi. I have 2 of the first bags...whatever they are called, I think "The Answer"
Another vote for these bags. I have all three sizes and highly recommend. Only thing I use now.

I have a bag rider for my MDT chassis, but I didn't like it with the Caldwell tactical bag set I bought. I thought I would try something else. I like shooting out of my friend's lead sled (without the lead), but I was wanting some stability with the "tilt" I can't control well in the front rest of the sled. I thought I might get a bi-pod to better control the front tilt, and I still need something to help stabilize the rear.
Brother....IMO, what you need is a good clinic (like Frank's that he gives...yeah, in CO on his range in Ft Morgan) to teach you how to control elevation with a...yeah, bipod (and def get one) and use of a rear bag.

And frankly, give what you just said...we may have broken the code on you other thread of why your "100 yd zero'd rifle" is printing 5" high at 200 .

I'm sorry but it doesn't sound like you know how to steer a rifle.

Cheers