• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Does your 1-4x/1-6x/1-8x stay focus?

jlow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
The title does not allow the full question but does these scopes maintain focus when dial between the two extreme magnifications?

Don’t have one of these yet but one is on the way but was interested in your answer to this question since I don’t think I have seen this question answered before.

I do have a couple of other scopes, a 2.5-10x Accupoint and a 8-32 NF both of which require refocusing at the two extremes which is not a surprise to me but the question is with these 1-?x scopes, which are frequently used in situation where a rapid change in power is required i.e. 3-gun matches and so there would be a tremendous advantage if their focus does not change significantly between the two power extremes.

Another question would be if the focus does change is it worse when you go higher i.e. 1-4x is not as bad as 1-6x and worse being 1-8x?

Re: Does your 1-4x/1-6x/1-8x stay focus?

Most low power scopes do not have an adjustable parallax/focus, so yes they stay in focus no matter what power they are on.

Re: Does your 1-4x/1-6x/1-8x stay focus?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No problem on my Leupold CQBSS. </div></div>
+1