Dope Card Template - Excel/Word

WyomingShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Fremont County, WY
Gentlemen - I'm looking for a dope card template in Excel or Word. Specifically: A grid format that will allow me to input values for elevation and wind at 100 - 1000 in a size that can be laminated and 550 corded to my rifle scope. A search produced only results from '09 and earlier. Presently, I'm cutting and pasting (literally) from my JBM data. Thanks from the Big Empty, ELN.

Re: Dope Card Template - Excel/Word

I understand that this is not a direct answer to your question, but have you looked at the data books from either Impact or Storm (both fantastic vendors?) I used to tape ballistic/drop charts to my stock but now use the data books as I find them more versatile, especially when changing loads/projectiles. YMMV

Sir - Yes, I have an Impact data book. I'm looking for something a bit more "portable" that I can tie to my rifle. I have a primitive set of cards now that look, on a good day, like a kindergarten project. Thanks for your help. ELN

What yardage increments?

This is how I did mine using excel
P1010786.jpg

I did not save it but it is easy to do.

Holland guns has a program that works with the Sierra Ballistic program. Calculate your load on the Sierra program and then transfer to Holland and make small Ballistic cards with drop, wind and angles. Laminate, tape or tie to your stock

www.hollandguns.com

You can copy jbm tables in Internet explorer and past them into excel. It will retain the format. Then you can resize it with the margins to suit your needs.

I use the Leupold Mark 4 retractable ballistic charts. Input the data into my label maker software and print it out onto 1/2 inch label tape. Stick the tape to the retractable tape.

Make one for each load and print and switch as needed.

I simply made a table for the data on my round using word. In my area I used -2k- 3k in 1k increments and used 0DA for wind. Made it two sided with -2, -1, 0 and the 5mph wind on one side and the 1k, 2k, 3k and 5mph wind on the other. Actually, I made a card for 2500, 2550, 2600 and 2650 and a mini DA chart, went to OfficeMax had them laminated and when I cut them, left approx a 3/8 or so margin at the top, punched a hole and made the loop for the scope hang. I have sets made in moa and mils so I have data with me. On the one rifle with a stock pack, I place them in there. They are slightly larger(not much than a business card-you have to read them
cool.gif

MGD - I concur that phone apps are a valuable tool. However, many locations here in Wyoming have very sketchy cell service. A Kestral 4500 with DA and paper range cards work everywhere. Thanks for your comment. ELN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can copy jbm tables in Internet explorer and past them into excel. It will retain the format. Then you can resize it with the margins to suit your needs. </div></div>

+1

I use the trajectory U cards at different DA 's and copy into excel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some free pdf's if you can make them work...

Come-ups on the left, reticle hold on the right...

http://www.stormtactical.com/stu.htm </div></div>

Thanks, these are nice......

MGD - I concur that phone apps are a valuable tool. However, many locations here in Wyoming have very sketchy cell service. A Kestral 4500 with DA and paper range cards work everywhere. Thanks for your comment. ELN

Agree! My primary setup is a Kestrel wind meter and a BR-2500 range finder. For backup, I have an AGI Angle indicator and a dope card. I use two 3x5 cards in a wrist coach for elevation and windage adjustments in 5, 10, and 15 mph increments.