• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

dpms g2 catering primers

20140313_182143-1.jpg

If you do have excess gap between the firing pin and the bolt you definitely don't want to try hand loads near the high end. You will blow primers. I know you can have bolt action bushed to tighten it up but it may be easier to replace an ar bolt if you decide it's necessary.

Your primers though cratered look fine. The brass looks in great condition.

Since it's a new gun, you can send it back if it bothers you but there's nothing you can do about it other than replace the bolt with a properly head-spaced one.

I'm still going through a 1000 round box of a Lake City circa 2013 M80FMJ, but my brass and primer pockets in particular look just fine. Still no feed or ejection issues after 500 rounds. I fully intend to swage the crimped military primer pockets, reload it, and continue to rock out with my Gen2 out. Just love it. Handles like an M4 and felt recoil is more modest than an AR10 and closer to an M4 IMHO. Shoots straight too. Not an issue with the firing pin IMO.

Last edited: