• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DPMS LR-308 parts.

MeanAndUnseen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2010
OK, USA
I was wondering if anyone knew of a great place to order some parts for my LR-308. (AR-15)
I've done a lot of web searches and can't seem to find a site that im comfortable with ordering parts from.
I was hoping some of you might know some trustworthy dealers with good customer service and good shipping.

Here's what im looking for to start off with unless you guys have a better recommendation:
An A3 upper, Magpul butstock (blk), Full fluted barrel 24", a JP gasblock, a trigger with a 3 lb pull?? , and a scope with a 1/8 moa adustment with high mounts.
I'm looking to do some long range shooting soon

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone!
Cheers.

Re: DPMS LR-308 parts.

I haven't had a need to buy 7.62 gun parts so I can't comment on the receivers. As far as furniture and other parts like gasblocks and triggers and stuff, I almost always head to Bravo Company USA. They are only one state over and ship quickly; I've placed orders a Monday and had the stuff show up on Wednesday. They carry good gear and have great customer service in my opinion.

Midway USA carries a large selection of DPMS factory and other compatible parts/accessories, including Magpul stocks, JP gas blocks and all the trigger and scope offerings you could want/need:

Midway USA DPMS LR-308 Parts
As for the trigger...I'd look at the Giessele (sp?...I never get it right). They offer 2-stage trigger units that are arguably the best on the market. The SSA is a non-adjustable unit while they have others that will allow you to tune the trigger (incl. weight of pull) to your liking. If you want a single-stage unit, look at the Timney triggers.

As for the scope...I don't know that you really want/need anything with 1/8MOA adjustments, but search around and see what strikes your fancy. Tons of good info here on the forums re: scope selections for a 308 semi-auto rifle. For fixed mount/rings, look at the Badger rings and possibly in combination with their 22MOA riser. For a QD setup...look at Larue, especially their LT-158 mount.

try dustin at <span style="color: #FF6600">hitechtactical</span>. he is a site sponsor and can get you what you need at a good price. thats his member name

Hey you guys are great, thanks for your input.
I've been looking into RR Arms and they are pretty good looking.
I order reloading equipment from Midway often, so im good there.

Thanks ORD, I'll be looking into getting some badger rings.
As for a scope i'm still undecided 1/4 or 1/8 moa is fine.
I don't suppose anyone can give me a review on a scope?
I'd like a scope that I can attach a sun-shade to, with built in turrets of course.
Im not sure on magnification, maybe a 4x16-42 or 50mm.
Mil-Dot preferred.

Thanks again, cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a QD setup...look at Larue, especially their LT-158 mount.</div></div>

Amen to that. I mounted my optics on one of these and I'm pretty sure I won't be replacing it EVER.