• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DPMS LR308b accuracy issues...

Slugtrail

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I have a DPMS LR308b and I am not happy with the accuracy that I am getting out of this rifle. I am shooting with iron sights and I had a brake put on the barrel. I'm getting better groups with my AK-47 than I am with this. Is anybody else having problems with this rifle? I'm wondering if the crown was damaged when the brake was installed.

Re: DPMS LR308b accuracy issues...

Maybe you suck with iron sights?

Put some optics on it and see how it does. Or, I have an AR15 that shoots way better without the FH than it does with it. try taking the break off and see how she does. How will did it shoot before the break? Professional do the break?

Replace the issued trigger with an American Trigger, Replace the rear take down pin with a JP adjustable Pin, put a scope on the rifle and try either reloads or factory FGMM/BH 175SMK's.

Ask a friend to shoot it.
I experienced Georgia Arms 168 Match go around .5"/100y out of a similar rifle, scoped, but my NM Garand does nearly as well iron sights, prone (with my handloads)

Mine has shot pretty well with 168 SMK over 42 gr RL15 loaded standard length. Bullets are crimped with Lee FCD too. With some good glass I have managed sub MOA about half the time at 100 yds. Only about a hundred rounds so far but it's seems to be a reliably good shooter.