• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes DPMS SASS 308 scope help

corycarner

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
I am new to this so if this question has been asked i apologize. But I am looking for a scope to put on a DPMS SASS 308. The gun will be used for hog hunting, and 400-600 yard target shooting. I dont have a large wallet so something fairly reasonably priced would be best. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: DPMS SASS 308

Just something that will work best for hunting and target. I dont really have any specific specs. I have looked through illuminated reticles and liked those. are they very effective or would recoment it?

This is the last scope I mounted on my SASS, before that I was running a SN3 3.2-17 Ergo

DSC_0999.jpg

The Ergo on the SASS(next to my green one)

DSC_0966.jpg

On my SASS I first ran a NF 5.5-22x56. It was a great optic, worked well after dark. It was just too damn big for that rifle. I'd rather have gotten the 3-15x50.

Right now it sports a trijicon accupoint 3-9 illuminated .mil dot and it's good enough I supposed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is your budget?</div></div>
+1 on that. For some guys on here, $1500 is "reasonably priced". Others may not want to spend that much

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the last scope I mounted on my SASS, before that I was running a SN3 3.2-17 Ergo

DSC_0999.jpg

The Ergo on the SASS(next to my green one)

DSC_0966.jpg
</div></div>

Is the 17 power enough for your bolt gun? I have a 260 and need a scope too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzDak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my SASS I first ran a NF 5.5-22x56. It was a great optic, worked well after dark. It was just too damn big for that rifle. I'd rather have gotten the 3-15x50.

Right now it sports a trijicon accupoint 3-9 illuminated .mil dot and it's good enough I supposed. </div></div>

I have a 3.5-15x50 NXS on mine, and it's just about right for the rifle. Higher magnification is nice of course, but 15x is plenty to be able to score a hit on any real target that is "in range" of the SASS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_0999.jpg
</div></div>

The mounting position seems quite far back to me.
How is it working out for you?
Nice Timney btw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_0999.jpg
</div></div>

The mounting position seems quite far back to me.
How is it working out for you?
Nice Timney btw.</div></div>

it works fine for me, the stock is not extended all the way in that picture.