• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

DPMS SASS .308 what is wrong with it?

Re: DPMS SASS .308 what is wrong with it?

Nothing is wrong with it. It is a pretty good rifle and worth every penny you would pay for it. Your intended application and why you want to own make a difference in your choice between these rifles.

However, you do realize that you've opened the door to everyone who owns a GAP-10,OBR and POF to tell you why theirs is superior in any way, right?

Its a good rifle but just not in the same class as what you have mentioned, its still a mass produced factory rifle. I have friends with all of those rifles and have shot them. While the DPMS will get the job done they just don't put the TLC into a factory rifle that a high end rifle gets.

The Corvette is a pretty badass car, but when compared to a Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo......just saying that with high end stuff (cars, guns, watches etc.) you usually get what you pay for. Pay a little more, you get more attention to fit, finish, detail and performance.

i have a DPMS SASS, an LMT MWS and an Armalite AR10 A4 all with PRS stocks. I do not see any difference in the fit and finish of the SASS compared to the MWS and fit and finish is superior to the Armalite. The JP trigger on the SASS is far superior to the factory trigger on either the Armalite or the MWS. When I first got the MWS it was shooting shot gun groups. The barrel had to be retorqued before it shot well. I wonder how it left LMT shooting the way it did. I guess their QC guys missed mine. Additionally the SASS is the most accurate of the 3 rifles. What's wrong with it, nothing!!!! just suffers from the rep of the lower priced DPMS's so it's tarred with the same brush. Most probably by folks that have never owned or shot one.

THE NEW 2014 CORVETTE C7 IS ABOUT TO RAISE THE BAR FOR SUB $100000.00 CARS. I have seen some fine shooting DPMS rifles . <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MCSO1357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Corvette is a pretty badass car, but when compared to a Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo......just saying that with high end stuff (cars, guns, watches etc.) you usually get what you pay for. Pay a little more, you get more attention to fit, finish, detail and performance. </div></div>

Nothing. Mine exceeded my expectations dramatically, it's totally reliable, and shoots amazingly well. The one downside, it's heavy.

Heavy is good in my mind for the job it's intended for. The weight dampens the recoil and makes for easier follow up shots. However I wouldn't want to hump it very far. It almost as bad as humping a BAR thru the jungle.