• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

EGW 20 MOA on a Savage 110

7.62gunr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2011
Oregon
I didn't notice till I got all the screws in.....does EGW ship with only the 2 length screws? I put the shorter screws up front obviously.Hoping they didn't put an extra short one in the bag for the mount hole over the chamber.It felt normal but some of the screws bottomed out differently....maybe .030 difference.
2011-05-31224948.jpg

Re: EGW 20 MOA on a Savage 110

its probably hitting the threads on the barrel, you need to shorten the screw. this is normal, i had to do it with my egw and warne bases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cameron L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its probably hitting the threads on the barrel, you need to shorten the screw. this is normal, i had to do it with my egw and warne bases. </div></div>
It's funny you say that....I was just thinking that might be the case yesterday and figured I would check my post again this morning......thanks for the input.
I'm gonna put that front screw and shorten it .125 or so. Glad I'm getting this done before I got the rings lapped and a scope on it.

Is that the 10FCP-K? I just ordered one yesterday that should be here Monday and I have the same base waiting to go on it.

Post a range report after you get it out. I'm curious what these can do out of the box.

Looks like the screw is too long. I'd take a file to her to shorten it up, little by little, not all at once, until it bears or seats down on the actual base.

As a side note, I have the same bae for my savage and noticed that when I tightened the front screws down there was a sifnificant gap between the rear of the base and my reciever. Enough so that it required a bedding job. Just a heads up that you might want to check out.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the 10FCP-K? I just ordered one yesterday that should be here Monday and I have the same base waiting to go on it.

Post a range report after you get it out. I'm curious what these can do out of the box. </div></div>
110 FCP-K .330 win mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cameron L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its probably hitting the threads on the barrel, you need to shorten the screw. this is normal, i had to do it with my egw and warne bases. </div></div>

Do this or you're probably going to see some stringing