ELR High Magnification Scopes .

ChuckSwagger

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2017
I have red some articles about the KO2M and the max scope magnification in the competition was 35X.
The bench rest shooters like to use about 40 to 60X.
Since the KO2M targets are way much more far than BR competitions why they do not use big magnifications as the BR?

I have red some articles about the KO2M and the max scope magnification in the competition was 35X.
The bench rest shooters like to use about 40 to 60X.
Since the KO2M targets are way much more far than BR competitions why they do not use big magnifications as the BR?
Mirage gets pretty intense at distance with higher powers.
I shoot at 25-29x a lot but when it starts warming up I’m down to 16-20x and I’m only shooting to about 2300 at the moment.
I like some mirage movement to call winds but when it gets really wild it’s quite distracting.

Mirage, trace, spotting your own impacts...and misses...on steel...a hit is a hit at extreme distances...If I'm already trans-sonic...it's not like I'm going to be able to adjust an inch or two to stack that bullet impact on the last one. Paper Sports are a completely different game than the Steel Game....I don't see any NFL Players wearing First Basemans mitts.

The funny thing is...a lot of those Ko2M guys come from F-Class backgrounds....if it worked better...you'd think they'd use it.

Reactions: ChuckSwagger
For the most part we run around 27X max there are times we float in the 17 range. It comes down to dealing with the mirage but yet having enough magnification to spot impacts or splash on the target or the surroundings of your shot that a spotter might miss. When you have limited time and rounds you utilize every possible means to preform well. We have done well the past three years for a Wisconsin tee shirt crew.
The constantly changing winds and updrafts are more of the challenges there especially as they ramp up hard by mid afternoon or very early in the morning with the thermos. I myself will push closer to 27x just to see detail better with my 59 year old eyes.

Most of our crew are using Vortex 4.5-27x56 Gen II Razor MRADs

Oneshot.onehit
JH

I use the S&B 3x27 for ELR Shooting. At matches with distances out to 3100 yards shooting at a 40x40 plate I use up to 27x in the morning. As the day heats up and the mirage get worse anything over 1500 yards i drop down to 15x to 20x .

Reactions: ChuckSwagger