Elr rifle chassis or stock

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    What are you guys mainly using for elr matches like nightforce steel challenge krg elr light class ect....

I'm using a krg whiskey 3 gen 6 chassis but I'm trying to build another rifle and looking at other chassis and stocks. I like my chassis no issues but looking at something else

I've looked at
    matrix pro 2
    Xlr Envy pro c6
    Manners t4a stock
    F.A.S.T chassis
    Mcmillian

I've just looked at them online no place for me to really go try or in person type of thing. But just looking at what others are running. Also of you guys have experience with those chassis or anything similar.

I looked at the matrix pro 2, the fast chassis, and the acc elite for my current build. I went with the matrix pro 2 for a couple of reasons... Super rigid forend with a lot of options for additional weight and a built in adjustable bag rider that I tend to use a lot more in elr prone. I also wanted a more do it all rifle than something specifically built for elr light class. If I was just doing that I would probably have gone with the fast chassis.

I like the envy pro too and have one on another long action, but wanted a longer forend for this build. The envy pro is 12", mp2 is 16".

I looked at the matrix pro 2, the fast chassis, and the acc elite for my current build. I went with the matrix pro 2 for a couple of reasons... Super rigid forend with a lot of options for additional weight and a built in adjustable bag rider that I tend to use a lot more in elr prone. I also wanted a more do it all rifle than something specifically built for elr light class. If I was just doing that I would probably have gone with the fast chassis.

I like the envy pro too and have one on another long action, but wanted a longer forend for this build. The envy pro is 12", mp2 is 16".
    What caliber? Yeah I didn't realize the forend was that long on the matrix that would be good. Is there a pictanny rail in the front? I use pictanny for my bipod but this will be 100% prone elr in a bigger 338 most likely

Where are you in CO? I can show you any or all of those on any given weekend at a WYCO match. Except maybe the FAST chassis. I’ve never heard of that. I personally have the MPA pro II and the XLR pro c6 and a couple different foundations.

I never shoot those matches I'm a non prs shooter lol but canon city area
    My point being that all of those chassis systems are present at those matches and you could absolutely show up and fondle or even shoot them. Hell, reach out to these guys and you can do the same without having to lower yourself to mingle with “PRS shooters”. It might be worth the drive to Pueblo before you spend $1500.

I prefer the matrix pro 2 over the KRG that I sold when I got the XLR c6. It’s probably a wash between MPA and the XLR. I’d go MPA if it was me for the long flat forend and the weight and the bag rider dealy thingus in the back. I’d definitely go chassis over stock for prone shooting. I shot the KRG extreme with a gen one matrix one year. It worked great. Stocks have their place but I don’t think it is in prone field competition.

What caliber? Yeah I didn't realize the forend was that long on the matrix that would be good. Is there a pictanny rail in the front? I use pictanny for my bipod but this will be 100% prone elr in a bigger 338 most likely
    300 Norma. It's got mlok on the bottom of the forend.

My point being that all of those chassis systems are present at those matches and you could absolutely show up and fondle or even shoot them. Hell, reach out to these guys and you can do the same without having to lower yourself to mingle with “PRS shooters”. It might be worth the drive to Pueblo before you spend $1500.

I prefer the matrix pro 2 over the KRG that I sold when I got the XLR c6. It’s probably a wash between MPA and the XLR. I’d go MPA if it was me for the long flat forend and the weight and the bag rider dealy thingus in the back. I’d definitely go chassis over stock for prone shooting. I shot the KRG extreme with a gen one matrix one year. It worked great. Stocks have their place but I don’t think it is in prone field competition.
    I wasn't saying anything bad about prs at all I was only saying I don't shoot it so I don't go to those matches. But that is a good idea. I like my krg but figured try something different.

Perfect. I think I've neared it down between the XLR and matrix. The fast chassis looks awesome but also looks harder to pack around at like the nightforce
    Here’s a direct comparison with the buttstocks in the same location. The spigot on the XLR brings the bipod to the same distance as the forend on the MPA. These are the short action versions so ymmv. The XLR Envy with the C6 has answered some of the needs of the earlier versions and is “local” to Colorado but their wait time has been atrocious. And a pic of the bottom for width comparison. Not sure how much the wings will matter to you if you aren’t shooting off a bag but they do add stiffness and weight out front on the MPA. Which, by the way, MPA really improved the balance on the pro 2 and that auto extend bag rider is pretty handy…again maybe not that important if you aren’t in a hurry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      894.3 KB · Views: 38
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      611.5 KB · Views: 38
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      588.3 KB · Views: 39
    Reactions: Schw15
    Here’s a direct comparison with the buttstocks in the same location. The spigot on the XLR brings the bipod to the same distance as the forend on the MPA. These are the short action versions so ymmv. The XLR Envy with the C6 has answered some of the needs of the earlier versions and is “local” to Colorado but their wait time has been atrocious. And a pic of the bottom for width comparison. Not sure how much the wings will matter to you if you aren’t shooting off a bag but they do add stiffness and weight out front on the MPA. Which, by the way, MPA really improved the balance on the pro 2 and that auto extend bag rider is pretty handy…again maybe not that important if you aren’t in a hurry.
    No I appreciate that a bunch gives me some close ups for sure. Yeah the mpa forend being wide looks like it would be more rigid and help with heavier barrels ect. The spigot on the mpa is better for me since I use pictanny. Yes I think it would be cool to support colorado xlr but I'm leaning towards the mpa specially the flat bag rider that's adjustable on mpa that is awesome. I know krg has the c-4 which is close to matrix with adjustable bagrider but cheaper.