• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes EOTech

Re: EOTech

I don't like the EOTech's at all. They tend to wash out in bright light. Aimpoint & Elcan are much better, but all of these type of scope's are only good for getting on target quick, using NV with them, mainly tactical stuff. If you want to do tight groups upto 200+ yards look at one of the 3 to 4x scopes like the Trijicon TA01, Elcan Specter OS, IOR 3x25, or one of the scopes like the Leupold 1.5-5x SPR Mark 4. These work much better for hitting where you want on the 1st shot.

I have an EOtech 551. I like it for shooting on moving game out to 100m. For 200m I would use a normal scope un the normal magnification range. With the magnifier it is not that bad.
Durability: I have mine for 6 month now. I did´nt abuse it. So no statement here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an EOtech 551. I like it for shooting on moving game out to 100m. For 200m I would use a normal scope un the normal magnification range. With the magnifier it is not that bad.
Durability: I have mine for 6 month now. I did´nt abuse it. So no statement here. </div></div>

I have to agree. I use mine about the same and it does pretty good for quick target acquisition for shooting on the move and CQB but precision and EOTech shouldn't be put in the same sentence. I have mine setup to inter-change between TA01 and EOTech depending on what I am going to be using it for. You can definitely get shots on target at 200 but there isnt going to be any tight groups.

I have one on my ar and just as soon as I put my mesa rail on my 870 that's were it will ride good cqb sight awful for anything else I much prefer just my irons over the eotech I'm going with an acog next time around just my 2 cents

EOTech are love'em of hate'em kind of sights. I prefer Aimpoints for several reasons. The deal is this, on a working gun a 1 MOA dot is okay but a 2-4 MOA dot is faster for me on target. Hitting CM at 400+ yards is easy enough with either. For precision, I'd either go traditional or a 1-4x CQB optic to use from here to there.