• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Equipment questions

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I am looking to purchase a tumbler and electronic scale powder dispenser. I am looking for recommendations for both. I have a vibratory tumbler now but want to try using stainless steel media. I have looked at the RCBS charge master combo but want to make sure there is not something bet out there. Any suggestions or info would be helpful.

I have the Charge master and I love it. I read several reviews before i bought it and of all the dispenser scale combos it always gets the highest rating. I also use the Thumblers tumbler and have been very pleased with it also. I use Turtle Wax car wash and wax instead of dish soap. It seems to cut down on water spots and tarnishing.

Get the chargemaster. I used to use a Redding drop with a trickler, and while it is kind of fast and accurate, it is laborious. Letting the chargemaster do all the work is relieving. The scale is accurate enough to get you good results, and I don't buy into the belief that each charge has to be measured to the nearest 0.00000000001 grain to get proper accuracy.

For a stainless tumbler, I have been using the thumlers for about 5 years now, and I think it is the best way to clean brass. You can try one of those newer rebel tumblers that seem to be very well constructed, but the thumlers works well for me.