• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Everyone’s go to rings

Spuhr Mount if your not concerned with weight and want the added piece of mind knowing its only down from there. The ring caps don’t block your turret numbers ( especially windage), same Torx bit for all screws, mounting is super easy with the wedge and also no canting while being tightened. It’s worth the extra money

Have been using Badger for some time now. I keep a set or two of 34mm P/N 306-75 rings on hand for any new scopes acquired.

They work well (even with use/abuse). KISS.
If you’re into KISS, then M-10 ARC rings are the ultimate in KISS. Spuhr too

“Simple” and “cheap” are not always the same thing...

Reactions: pewpew300WM
I buy the used rings off this forum 90% of the time. Badgers are my go to, but I have several sets of used Badgers, NF, Mk4 rings and they are all top shelf shit. On top of that, they all mount EXACTLY the same on all of my Pic bases so I can easily swap scopes without re-mounting if I want to switch things up. Never have an issue with tracking to 1k. I don't test further.

I have had one piece units and I can't warm up to the bulk.

If I was starting fresh, I'd be buying the new aluminum Badger or Lightweight NF offerings. carrying 15# rifles is getting way fucking old.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Seekins, Leupold Mark IV, and Burris Signature have all worked for me.

Haven't tried ARC yet. Have wondered about the high torque value they recommend (50-60 in-lbs). That is 4X what I usually torque normal rings to. Anyone have any issues with these high torque values?

Seekins, Leupold Mark IV, and Burris Signature have all worked for me.

Haven't tried ARC yet. Have wondered about the high torque value they recommend (50-60 in-lbs). That is 4X what I usually torque normal rings to. Anyone have any issues with these high torque values?

Nope. When you aggregate the 15-20in/lbs needed for four screws...you end up with the same value of the one screw on the ARC M-10's. In fact, even the base screws are torqued to 50in/lbs (which as I have found out, is needed for these heavier scopes like Gen 2 Razors).

Reactions: Arc Light
Used to almost exclusively use Vortex Precision Matched Rings and had great success with them. Due to real estate in my safe (and too many rifles) ... I'm converting everything to QD mounts from American Defense Manufacturing so that I can store the scopes outside of the safe. The first half-dozen I've mounted have been awesome - great quality - very solid - half-MOA return to zero.

I currently purchased an mdt acc chassis to put my rem 700 sendero 300WM in. It will be topped with a razor gen ii 4.5x27x56. I have a 20 moa rail from mdt on the way but I can’t decide on a set of quality rings. Just wanted to see if anyone was running a similar setup and had any recommendations. Thanks.

Depends on the purpose of the rifle, but I stick with Spuhr for both mounts and individual rings. The mounts go on comp rigs, rings go on hunters.

I got both the Seekins and Vortex PMR and they are working great for the price. If I'm getting a new one I'll probably get the ARC for its design.

I've had Spuhr, Badger, and NF ultralite, and gotta say i'm currently in the Badger/NF camp.
My Spuhr ISMS was just too bulky and heavy for my liking, although I really did like its features and solidness. That is the trade-off you have to make obviously, but was in the end not worth it to me personally.
Badgers are still a great option, but I think the NF Unimounts are the perfect blend of lightweight and strength compared to badgers mounts. I have not tried their new Condition One Modular Mounts yet to compare though I would like to.

ARC M10 rings are awesome. Fast and easy to install. The one bolt design makes adjusting eye relief quick and easy if you didn’t get it perfect the first time. Virtually eliminates the chance of canting the scope while tightening as well.

I run ARC rings on my hunting rifles, easy to install, scope doesn't torque when tightening which results in easy leveling and I've never had them come loose... ever.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Like this?
5A4578AC-8835-45A0-B060-3FC7BCEBD3ED.jpeg

APA's are my favorite rings. There are many great options out there, but I keep coming back to APA.

This is how you know someone has used M-10 rings. Everyone else just seems to go "meh, that's nice" A sure sign they've never used them. I haven't used "traditional" (read: antiquated design) rings in years. I mean, I don't use a rotary phone, why the hell should I use old 4-6 screw rings, and deal with all the set up headaches? Same with the Spuhr; the wedge makes installing scopes a snap.

Smh...people spend $3k on a rifle and glass, and then bitch about $200 rings. Seriously, you can't make this shit up...penny wise, pound foolish...

Eh, I'd argue the foolish ones are paying an extraordinary amount to avoid spending an extra 5 minutes on setup one time.

I have many scopes in $40 Weaver rings. The grab the rail, they stay put, nothing slips, never broken.
How does spending $400 vs $40 actually help once the scope is mounted?

It makes the owner believe they have a far superior product.

Scopes will be broken and fucked long before you break a basic set of rings.

Yes, I have a $2500 scope in $100 rings. It's held zero for about 1k rounds and after several matches in the last year everything is still working fine.

Reactions: Jayhawkhuntclub
Eh, I'd argue the foolish ones are paying an extraordinary amount to avoid spending an extra 5 minutes on setup one time.

I have many scopes in $40 Weaver rings. The grab the rail, they stay put, nothing slips, never broken.
How does spending $400 vs $40 actually help once the scope is mounted?

It makes the owner believe they have a far superior product.

Scopes will be broken and fucked long before you break a basic set of rings.

Yes, I have a $2500 scope in $100 rings. It's held zero for about 1k rounds and after several matches in the last year everything is still working fine.
I see your point. I also see the others point on quality. Not all quality rings are $400. Arc for example are about $180. It is worth the extra stability in my opinion. I personally run MPA one piece mounts. Budget friendly and very solid.

I've had good luck with Burris rings. The plain old $50 tactical ones work great. But I prefer the signature rings. Never had problems with them holding or alignment or screws stripping. This is why I don't get invited to the cool kids parties...I guess.
I've no problem with people with the $400 mounts. I just don't feel the need.

I'll pay a little extra for the peace of mind. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. $180 for ARC rings is cheap when I NEED that 1 or 3 shots per year (depending on how lucky I am in the draws) to absolutely count. Those rings eliminate one variable I have to worry about.

With that said, buy the absolute best you can afford.

I buy the used rings off this forum 90% of the time. Badgers are my go to, but I have several sets of used Badgers, NF, Mk4 rings and they are all top shelf shit. On top of that, they all mount EXACTLY the same on all of my Pic bases so I can easily swap scopes without re-mounting if I want to switch things up. Never have an issue with tracking to 1k. I don't test further.

I have had one piece units and I can't warm up to the bulk.

If I was starting fresh, I'd be buying the new aluminum Badger or Lightweight NF offerings. carrying 15# rifles is getting way fucking old.
I actually just bought a mpa one piece off a guy on here. Couldn’t bring myself to drop $350 on a used spuhr

Reactions: NorthWesterner
When I have to supply rifles with scopes and rings or am asked to recommend a ring set, I have been exclusively using and recommending the NightForce Ultra HD rings regardless of what brand scope is used.

This has been the standard for the last 8 years. On everything from 223 to 338LM we have had perfect performance. This is with the standard 4 screw version so I can't see a need in my niche for the 6 screw versions of any brand ring.

I am not a fan of the one piece monolithic sets due to having zero flexibility in ring spacing which I believe is important on full size rifles and scopes.

If I couldn't get the NF set I needed to work I would go with the Seekins without worry.

./

Reactions: pewpew300WM
Kinda. But with much better base mounting. 4 bolt and no thumb wheel crap.

I may be wrong as I’ve never used their single piece mount. It looks like the thumb wheels also have the Allen heads. If so, and you can torque them down like the regular rings, then this should work well for a single mount without being hand tight.