• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Excellent choice for survival knife would be??????

Re: Excellent choice for survival knife would be??????

Of course... no end all be all exists.
I have tried out a few differnt fixed blades and I have used them to do all kinds of "dirty jobs". For the most part the offerings from Gerber, SOG, Cold Steel, CRKT, KBAR, S&W etc are all great choices. Especially for under 100.00.
Now, I have also tried out much more expensive blades like Tops offering of the Tom Brown "tracker" and yes a very good kit but not for a salty environment.
I have eyeballed "Greymans" offerings and he has some very functional kits.
I went against the grain about 3 years ago and ordered a Dark Ops 911 E&E with the best intentions on proving or disproving the BS behind Frank Mller. All I have to say is the sheath sucked and Frank openly explained why, he then referred me to whom I consider the best kept secret in kydex sheaths...Red Hill knife sheaths. They already ahd a mold since Frank used them exclusively for his own private stash.
This has been my go to blade fr pretty much everything including my daily carry.
I pried a lock off with it the very first day out of the box and I kinda bent the tip... I immediately called them and I got Frank on the phone...He proceeded to enlighten me on his "proprietary" process and asked me how easy it was to bend it back, of course I replied with how easy it was and he confirmed that any other blade would have broken but his was still easily "field serviceable". With my new fangled confidence I set out to disrupt the balance by attempting to beat this knife in any way possible. I have only succeeded in destroying everything it touches included a recent salesmans attempt at selling me a hand held belt sander. This is a great all around knife with many tools integrated into it.
Another rising star is the CRKT Ultima.

Re: Excellent choice for survival knife would be??????

5250271153_aaf41d8721_b.jpg

Andrew Takach hand forged damascus bowie with walrus oosick handle.
Forged from O1 and nickle with a 15n20 core, 15 1/8th" long, 9" cutting edge.