• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

FBI HRT Rifle

Re: FBI HRT Rifle

I can assure you that anything GAP builds is worth the money!! If you like the options offered on that build then it is worth the money. If you want other options they can build you anything you'd like and IT will be worth the money!!

If there is one available and you take a long time trying to determine if it's worth the money, I'll bet you find it's gone before you know it.

Cheers

First off, compared to what? If you have the money than it is more than worth the money...what do you want to do with the rifle? It looks neat and all but are you going to use it for its intended purpose? GAP has lots of rifles as well as other top builders on this site. You have to figure out what you want to use the rifle for before you look at the rifle and say hey I like that one. If you are going to use if for recreational target shooting then you probably don’t need that rifle. If you want it for a job that requires that kind of rifle then absolutely it is more than worth it.
If want that length of barrel you can also look at the Gladius...are you going to use a Surefire Suppressor? If not, why do you need the Surefire attachment on the rifle?

I have two GAP Rifles - M40A3 and a GAP-SASS; I think they were worth the money I spent. They make nice products and will treat you well.

Anything GAP makes is by all means an excellent rifle. Whether it's worth it or not, you have to decide that. Don't buy a rifle just because it's what XYZ high-speed agency is using. Buy it because you have compared your requirements to the rifle's features, and they match up. Then decide if it's worth it with your level of free spending cash...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to know if GAP FBI HRT Rifle is worth the money? I would appreciate any input. Thanks </div></div>

You have been a member of this site for roughly 1.5yrs now...if you really have to ask that question, then the correct answer is "NO...it is not worth the money...TO YOU!"

Come on...it is a GAP. Regardless of the price...it is WORTH the money. It all comes down to whether you want/need the addt'l features that the FBI HRT rifle offers versus something like the Crusader, the Hospitaler or a from-the-ground-up spec build that you work out with the brilliant minds/craftsmen at GAP one-on-one.

You can always buy it and try it out, and if it doesn't work out for you, it's a GAP, and you can get most of what you payed for it back selling it here on the site. Just saying.

I know GAP makes good rifles, I never shot one but I do read a lot of good stuff about these guns. I have a chance for a local sale so that's why I'm asking. No waiting, good $$ and I have rifle in hand for inspection. Thanks for a lot of good comments!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to know if GAP FBI HRT Rifle is worth the money? I would appreciate any input. Thanks </div></div>

The better question is: This is what I want to do, which GAP rifle is best suited to my goals?

BMT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know GAP makes good rifles, I never shot one but I do read a lot of good stuff about these guns. I have a chance for a local sale so that's why I'm asking. No waiting, good $$ and I have rifle in hand for inspection. Thanks for a lot of good comments! </div></div>

Get it, you will not be sorry.

I can shoot tighter groups with my hrt than any other rifle I own. The hrt is accurate and easy to shoot. The surefire brake works well but is a pain to clean. This was my first gap and I will definitely go to them for my next.