Fiancèe let me order a ARC Mausingfield

The only time I wish I was a mod. Ban Hammer would be in action. Do we really need a thread with this kind of title. I wouldn't even want to be around dudes with firearms that would say "she let me"
You're pretty ignorant. Do you not consult your significant other before making a bigger purchase? Do you make the rules? I'm just saying I'm pretty happy she let me purchase something I've been wanting for a while. We go over it and discuss big purchases.

She knows what I spend on my stuff, I am honest. I let her know on everything just in case. I've had a few near death experiences. Especially last October where a fork truck driver dropped a shit ton of steel beams on me from 7 ft in the air.

Dude WTF did you straighten out the fork truck driver big time

Dude WTF did you straighten out the fork truck driver big time
Couldn't do shit when I was crushed. I was in the hospital for about 8 hours. No bones broken I was told initially. Was off for 4 months but got paid. Other than that me and him put it past us. I've got the paperwork. But I did end up with a broken arm and didn't feel it. Just uncomfortable. they found it after 2 months off. Which is fucked. I still got the indent on my leg (couldn't walk due to swelling) and I walked that night somehow because I had to piss. Hands swollen to the point I couldn't see my knuckles or hold my newborn at all. I've also been ejected out of a car. Theres paperwork on that too out of the back of a 52 Hudson I believe it was.

giphydont believe you.gif

But your not even married and have to ask. Hope the build comes out great.

That's "you're" not "your" and I've been married for 37 years. I have no respect for men who shack up with women, have children by them, and refer to them as their "fiancee" .... marry them already, or leave them. Man up. But then again the OP had to get permission from his "not his wife" to buy something, so ....

You have 2 different threads going hear...

We all want to read about your dream custom build, ask and answer questions. Hell, spend most of my time talking with my shooting buddies on this subject.

2nd...relationship advise. For all we know @PAYDIRT it Joe Exotic and I would not take relationship advise from him either. I do agree with @Centuriator...get on with it already.

As I said your finances are none of our business, and frankly, like you we run our finances like a business and have M's in the bank account, as they say. When we married we were on such a tight budget paying cash, no debt, student loans we didn't spend $20 that was not accounted for. It had nothing to do with "It's my money/your money" we are a team with a business plan and it works. 17 years later...our portfolio has changed and it's no longer $20 but the principles still apply. Your threshold of $500 will grow over time, I'm sure.

Unlike some, my testicles and manhood are not validated from other men and being a self centered male chauvinist. I can tell you we don't fight about money. We both have everything we have ever wanted, and we supported each other to get what we wanted. If that works for you then keep at it. Finances are #1 to fight about in a marriage, avoid that and it leave more time to argue about not getting enough sex.

Do what works for you guys...and when it stops working, read a book, get some advise, and find a new way to do it. As for long range shooting I do not have a WinMag but do have a 300 PRC on the way. I'm sure I will be shooting my .22lr and 6.5 Creed more that it though. The PRC was last on my list.

Congratulations on starting your build. I would have never named the thread as you did. I would have never went into detail of how wonderful your fiancee is for “letting” you have this rifle either. To each their own though I guess

post pics when its done. Better ask permission before you get on the internet. Wouldn’t want you to get grounded.

• Haha
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Imagine a pirate ship. Guys with eye patches, Zermatt TL3's, and $20K AI ASRs. Parrots on their shoulders, peg legs, and yellow teeth and then some guy comes along and says, "My fiancee(not wife) let me take a boat ride!". "Over the next three years I'm going to get some tattos, buy me wooden leg, and grow my ponytail. She said I could." And all these degenerate, scarred, ugly, scurvy-having criminals are looking at him....

Forgot to add mouths drooling full of cope longcut chawski...the 3 finger pinch double decking kind with veins pumped full of rip it's and monsters lol seriously needed this laugh today ?

Imagine a pirate ship. Guys with eye patches, Zermatt TL3's, and $20K AI ASRs. Parrots on their shoulders, peg legs, and yellow teeth and then some guy comes along and says, "My fiancee(not wife) let me take a boat ride!". "Over the next three years I'm going to get some tattos, buy me wooden leg, and grow my ponytail. She said I could." And all these degenerate, scarred, ugly, scurvy-having criminals are looking at him....

Ive been watching Black Sails this last week.

This fits in nicely.

I see you in the future. It’s 4-5 years from now. You’ve finally finished your dream rifle in spite of your wife’s nagging and complaining. She takes $10K a year in vacations but you can’t spend $5k in 5 years on a smoke stick. Nonetheless, you’ve been struggling with accuracy and no amount of custom ammo from the internet will get you below 1/2 MOA if you do your part. In an effort to find out what is wrong, you‘ve disassembled your dream gun numerous times making sure everything is tight. When all of a sudden, you’ve stripped a screw on your mount and you’re back on the ol‘ hide looking for answers on the screw and the accuracy problems. Turns out you should have spent the last 4-5 years practicing instead of saving up for a $5k rig.

• Love
Reactions: Huskydriver
I see you in the future. It’s 4-5 years from now. You’ve finally finished your dream rifle in spite of your wife’s nagging and complaining. She takes $10K a year in vacations but you can’t spend $5k in 5 years on a smoke stick. Nonetheless, you’ve been struggling with accuracy and no amount of custom ammo from the internet will get you below 1/2 MOA if you do your part. In an effort to find out what is wrong, you‘ve disassembled your dream gun numerous times making sure everything is tight. When all of a sudden, you’ve stripped a screw on your mount and you’re back on the ol‘ hide looking for answers on the screw and the accuracy problems. Turns out you should have spent the last 4-5 years practicing instead of saving up for a $5k rig.

@BillyNg any tips for our young aspiring husband to be?

Hahah, its next year so I'm not worried about it, she agreed to it and I'm happy. She gave me the green light to build it a while back but just now said I can order it, so I did!

I do what I want, she is still here. Bills are paid, she doesn't work, and we have 3 kids.

Do not do something really stupid like spending more than $5000 on a wedding.

I do what I want, she is still here. Bills are paid, she doesn't work, and we have 3 kids.

Do not do something really stupid like spending more than $5000 on a wedding.
I totally agree. We are actually doing a budget wedding. Not going overboard with it either. Venue cost us about 500 for 3 days. We're actually looking into a church wedding. Reception somewhere else. Other than that totally agree.

Shes still with me after I bought my Wilson Combat Combat Tactical Supergrade.

Reactions: FjallJager
You need to call that wedding off immediately.

A marriage is a partnership of equals, not that shit.

There's a reason I and the ol' squaw rolled over 30 a few months ago. Take heed.
You need to call that wedding off immediately.

A marriage is a partnership of equals, not that shit.

There's a reason I and the ol' squaw rolled over 30 a few months ago. Take heed.
You came in first, but jeebuz, post number six ? I would have that there were more alphas that would have jumped the OP’s shit sooner than six.

“My fiance let me”........... :eek:

Ho,
Lee,
Fuk.