• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Finally got my 10FCP-K

Re: Finally got my 10FCP-K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RugerSlinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nothing can stay in my safe for more than 2 days without me shooting at least 10 rds through it. It would drive me crazy. I hate it because I have 4 bolt guns and 3 ars and everytime I go to the range I bring all of them. It is such a pain to setup and shoot all off them but I cant help myself. Then it takes me 2 hours to pack up and put everything away. LOL
As for the ring Height, I have TPS Med height, with a 50mm objective and a weaver base.
I hope this helps </div></div>
Going to an outdoor range is just tough for me, I work from 6pm to 3am. By the time I wake up it's time to go to work again.

Trying to setup an outdoor range day with some friends, and someone that actually knows how to shoot. I need help zeroing in the setup, as I've only ever shot a 10/22 indoors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Agent 007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup that helps, I ordered the Burris Xtreme Tactical Picatinny Style Rail 30mm Medium Rings and I am paring it with the EGW 20 MOA base. Hopefully it will fit snug on my fcp-k with the leupold 6.5-20x50mm. If not I ordered it from Opticsplanet which will take them back if I need smaller ones. I dont know how you can resist not shooting a new rifle in 2 years. Last year I bought a Ruger Mini 30 189 series (older) from a guy that had owned it for about 15 years and had never shot it. He said he had it for home defense and I am not sure how you can trust your life to something you have never shot(dont worry, I know you dont use a bolt rifle for home defense). When I took it apart it was completely clean and still had factory lubricant on it. It shoots just fine though so I guess it would have worked for him (especially now that I added the accustrut)Still I could not approach a thief in the night with a gun I never shot. Crazy! </div></div>
Honestly, being so busy- I actually forgot that I even had it. Sitting all the way in the back of my safe, it was only the revival of this thread that lit the bulb in my head. So I'll be on a mission to hit a range by the end of this month. Shame on me though.

FCP-K_4-3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vedak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any suggestions guys? </div></div>

Shoot it. Then shoot it some more. Let us know how it goes.

I just bought one today... and I'll probably shoot mine before you.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaze.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vedak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any suggestions guys? </div></div>

Shoot it. Then shoot it some more. Let us know how it goes.

I just bought one today... and I'll probably shoot mine before you.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Thanks. That was extremely helpful

I found a base/ring solution that works pretty well with a 50MM bell, although pretty costly. I went with the Ken Farrell 20MOA base and Farrell's low 30MM rings. I have about 5MM between the bell and the barrell.

BUT, cheek welds are terrible with the factory FCP-K accustock when prone. I too ordered the adjustable cheek rest, hopefully will ship next week as they are backordered through TacOps.