• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Finally got my rifle set up the way I want it.

kentuckyMarksman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
May 7, 2018
After getting this rifle in 2012, and upgrading it the past couple of years, I finally got my rifle set up the way I want it. It's a Remington 700 SPS 26" 308 with a Jewel HVR, McMillan HTG Stock, Leupold 2 piece scope mount and rings, SWFA 5-20x50 Scope w/ mil adjustments, Harris 6-9" swivel bipod with notched logs, and a Triad Tactical cheek rest. I've got about 1,600 rounds down the tube and look forward to many more.
r700.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the McMillan stock on it right now. I could see myself using the Grayboe Renegade on another build though, with a Remage barrel. How well do the Grayboe stocks hold up? I've heard they aren't as tough as the McMillans.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the McMillan stock on it right now. I could see myself using the Grayboe Renegade on another build though, with a Remage barrel. How well do the Grayboe stocks hold up? I've heard they aren't as tough as the McMillans.

Sorry, I didn't notice it was a McMillan stock, I thought it was just an HS Precision or something similar. If you like that style of stock, than I would recommend keeping it; McMillan stocks are great and you wouldn't be gaining anything by switching to Grayboe (except for adjustment features).

Reactions: kentuckyMarksman
McMillan HTGs are great.

Just get that Triad stock pack to the correct height, You will need to supplement the additional velcro spacers most likely to do so, or build up a tape base.

This is my ultimate rifle, very similar to yours, to each his own....

image_4622.jpg

Reactions: kentuckyMarksman
Sorry, I didn't notice it was a McMillan stock, I thought it was just an HS Precision or something similar. If you like that style of stock, than I would recommend keeping it; McMillan stocks are great and you wouldn't be gaining anything by switching to Grayboe (except for adjustment features).

Yeah, I'm keeping the HTG on this stock, I'm happy with it and the Triad Tactical cheek rest. It's set up to give me a great, repeatable cheek weld.

I'm thinking about doing a future 223 build with a Remage barrel, I'd be interested in a Grayboe stock for it since they are cheaper, I'm curious how they hold up though.

McMillan HTGs are great.

Just get that Triad stock pack to the correct height, You will need to supplement the additional velcro spacers most likely to do so, or build up a tape base.

This is my ultimate rifle, very similar to yours, to each his own....

View attachment 6932206

Nice set up there! Yes, it's very similar to mine. Looks like fun! I like the camo on that stock. What length barrel is that?