• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Firearm theft

Casey Simpson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
Few things sting like being very stupid. I'd been shooting late and planned to return to the range early the next morning. Living in what was beforehand a "safe" neighborhood, I left my Clark Custom Combat 1911, 3 Wilson mags, 100rds of ammo, range bag, DPMS lr308 custom barreled in 6.5x47L, Geissele trigger, NF NXS, drag bag.........
cry.gif

....but then I read here about Oneshot.
I have it good.
cool.gif

My troubles are few.

Re: Firearm theft

They'll turn up.... eventually. I'm a case agent on a vehicle theft case where a glock 17 was stolen in 1993 from Phoenix. It was recovered last month in California and I released it today to State Farm since they paid off a claim for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll turn up.... eventually. </div></div>

Still waiting for mine...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll turn up.... eventually. I'm a case agent on a vehicle theft case where a glock 17 was stolen in 1993 from Phoenix. It was recovered last month in California and I released it today to State Farm since they paid off a claim for it. </div></div>

And State Farm will contact the original owner, if he/she wants it back they can have it for what was paid out on the claim. It's the same with stolen cars or any other property that is recovered.

I am still waiting for two target rifles lost by FedEx Ground to show up, but it's only been 8 years, eventually someone will pawn or sell them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only prob is the 9 is stamped 38 Super.
The 6.5 is stamped .308.
Hope they blow em up.
Dumbass thieves. </div></div>

Let's hope...

Ha, most stores don't stock 6.5 x47 and most people have never even heard of it. Those assholes will never figure out what that thing shoots. I bet they will think its an "M16" and try to load it with .223.

Keep an eye on the pawn shops. Once they give up on shooting it they are going to sell it.

Agreed. Not all thiefs are junkies, shit most of em are just assholes. That rifle has a pretty high "cool factor" to the average shitbag. I bet money they will try to shoot it. Give a little while. Don't know how many 308 ARs are floating around shreveport, but I bet its not too damn many. And I bet you have one of the only 6.5s.

Best of luck to you bro.

Man...that sux, but your way ahead of the game having items that you almost can't find ammo for locally. Print up fliers and spread the word....someone has to come in with them....if they are smart and can look and read maybe they will go to wal-mart or a sporting goods store or pawn shop asking for ammo....Otherwise they will just sell them for a buck and move on.

I hope you get them back quickly. NEVER, leave them in a vehicle!

kinda off topic i never have had a firearm stolen, but when i was younger (and gas was under a buck a gallon) we had two 500 gallon fuel tanks at the farm, one diesel one unleded gasoline.
the only thing the gas was for was my pickup, my grandad's pickup, the 4 wheelers and an old ford 9N tractor.
anyhow one day i relise the tank was dry, and since i had both topped off the first of every month i thought it was odd, but since it was nearing the end of the month i didnt think much of it and had them filled. a week later the gas is gone. now i KNOW something is wrong, i call and have another delivery made, but insted of gas, i have 50 gallons of dyed Kerosene deliverd.
one of my frends from high school's dad owns the local (and only one for 20 some miles) repair garage, i ask him to be on the look out.

2 weeks later 3 cars come in with Kerosene in the tanks.

4 peolpe arrested. i had one good laugh.