• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

First AR10 build-MatrixAeroSpace,Krieger Barrel, Giesele DMR trigger, Vortex optics

jgs8163

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Southern AZ
Just finished my first build. See pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 20
Did you buy the receiver separately? I am looking at building a new .308 as well. Would love some more info on the upper and lower.

Yes I bought everything separately. The upper and lower are matched from Matrix. Home - Matrix Aerospace. Call them and t/t Courtney. MatrixAero is the contractor that make all of the Ruger upper and lowers. It's based on the Armalite platform but DPMS MAGS and Pmags gen 1-3 will work. Be careful of buying off gunbroker as some of the ones being sold on that site will only take the DPMS and gen1 or 2 pmags which are not made any longer. MAGPUL now only makes the gen 3. The set will cost you about 400 last time I checked but don't quote me on that, I bought mine about 4 months ago. There are some dealers carrying these. The quality is awesome. So far I like mine, still working on some minor issues with ammo and feeding but nothing I am really concerned about. Just looking for the best recipe to feed the hungry beast.