Hunting & Fishing Florida Archery Success

B.Bates

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Dec 13, 2005
Palatka, Fl
It's been pretty hot and humid lately, but this weekend we were blessed with a little bit of colder weather. It was 49 this morning, cold for Florida by far our coolest day in months.

I almost didnt get up we got in late the night before but i was chomping at the bit to hunt this one location. the wind had kept me out of almost 2 weeks but yesterday i hung a new stand for today's wind.

it was really a picture perfect morning. i had 2 or 3 does feeding and walking out to my right, around 7am i hear a deer walking in to my left.

he came straight in on a line, stopped perfectly at 17 yards and gave me a perfect shot. i was pretty sure i knew the deer but wasnt 100% sure i just knew he was big enough. He came to rest within 10yards of where last years crashed.

here are a few earlier pictures

cb5aa095.jpg

73e6dc1e.jpg

d29bbfca.jpg

9d2981af.jpg

078d415e.jpg

120 plus a few 8th 's

210lbs

Re: Florida Archery Success

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations! I wonder where he fits for largest buck of the year in FL? </div></div>

every year they are several 140 + deer killed and registered on some years there are a few registered 150in deer

I like that lightweight coverall set up. A little bit of white would e great for an elevated hunt such as an archery treestand. I have seen scent killers new pattern I think it might be called eclipse but it Is just so dadgum expensive. Who makes that?

Ps congrats on that buck. He'll of a Florida deer. Especially with a bow. Did he make pope and young?

buck scored 120 6/8, a little short of the 125in mininum for Pope and Young

the camo is Sitka's Gear Forest line, basically a green, black, grey digital camo

it's pretty lightweight and breaths well i like it so far for early season hunting.

ive got my stands pretty brushed in, heck you cant even see me from the waist down in this one.