• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

FN A5 spr 300wsm

micmo

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
hey, im new here. just got me a new rifle. it a fn a5 spr 300 wsm with a trijicon tr23 scope. the gun will be used mostly hunting. what do you guys think of these guns, are they worth 2k, and what do you have to say about my of optics. hadn't shoot it yet. what factory ammo do you recomend or should i hand load.

Re: FN A5 spr 300wsm

Good rifle,just make sure its bedded .Fn used to only bed the A3g .Get it bedded and your set.Many times you'll be good to go as is.The throats are long on the Fn rifles so seat out.

what is a good load to start with? i have been looking at berger bullets but, someone told me they can't get them to shoot out of anything. are there any good reloading guieds?

Berger bullets are usually loaded long to get very close to the lands, most rifles you would have to hand feed each round as they will not fit the magazine (some will - not most)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: micmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is a good load to start with? i have been looking at berger bullets but, someone told me they can't get them to shoot out of anything. are there any good reloading guieds? </div></div>

You can get a reloading quide from most bullet and powder makers. I would recommend the Sierra book / notebook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: micmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is a good load to start with? i have been looking at berger bullets but, someone told me they can't get them to shoot out of anything. are there any good reloading guieds? </div></div>

I run 190 berger vld's through mine. Seated to just kiss the lands I am still able to feed from the mag with a little bit of room left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: micmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should i expect sub MOA groups from this rifle?</div></div>

from the rifle, yes.

from you, only you know your shooting ability.