• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

FNG - Fairfax, Virginia

jadedone4

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2013
All,

Been lurking awhile, reading and trying to absorb intel/info.

One long range course under belt (Precision Rifle-1; Academi); re-taking in a few months.

Remington 700 in .308; I got the AAC-SD model with the "wonderful" Hogue over-mold stock.

Leupold Mark-4 supported by Seekins base and TPS rings, Atlas bipod, TIS sling - Triad Tactical has been a HUGE help....!

Yes, rifle was on "trigger recall" list; sent back, it was returned this week - I have a Timney-512 as back-up.

I have one quick question - can someone recommend and/or send (i.e. point) me to a replacement stock for the Remington-700 that has application for Hunting and Tactical shooting?

The information can be overwhelming and I don't have ready access to a brick and mortar "stock-shop" where I can see, feel, etc., an assortment of stocks prior to making a decision.

Much Appreciated....!!

Marc

Tmac1397 - Much Appreciated on the reply.

I ordered the HSP-025 - I've got longer arms and large hands so better fit.

Got everything squared-away at Stocky's (Kim is GREAT customer service); but, they did not have HSP drop-in det-mag's (back-order) the recommendation was to go with Wyatt's - but I have zero experience with that manufacture.

I'd like to get the HSP drop-in det-mag set-up so that there will be no issues with the HSP det-mag "marrying" up to the HSP stock.

You - or anyone here - have experience with installing a Wyatt into an HSP stock....?

I don't have any experience with Wyatt's but I'm looking at a PTG bottom metal. My gunsmith says there will be some inletting required on my stock though.