• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sidearms & Scatterguns FNP-45 Tactical Holster "UPDATE"

-Snyper-

Team APA
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Mid Georgia
I Finally found a holster for the FNP-45 Tactical. If you own one of these fine pistols, then you know the frustration with finding a holster, other than a universal holster, is. I have searched for weeks trying to find the best one, constantly going to gun shops and trying diffrent ones. Finally found this one so I thought I would share it with the hide. I had to do a little modifying. But it works. It's a Safariland holster for a glock, but with just a few minor tweeks, it's perfect for the FNP-45. Here are some pics of it, and the modifications.

IMG_1230.jpg

This Photo shows the completed project.

IMG_1226.jpg

This is the safariland model number.

IMG_1228.jpg

This is the only part I had to cut out. Only because the trigger guard wouldn't clear. After I cut it out I put the holster on a pan, put it in the oven on 170 for 5 min, pulled it out and put the pistol in it to finally reshape it. Works great.

Updated now with the Trijicon mounted on the gun in the holster. Works great with no issues. I had to cut out a square section for the sight to clear. If you notice, rather than a straight edge cut, I cut at a slight angle so the gun could be slid in at diffrent angles.
IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

Re: FNP-45 Tactical Holster

bladetech makes holsters for the fnp45 that fit correctly and require no modification. they make IWB and OWB. for the tactical model, you do have to cut a bit of a hole in the bottom. but you don't lose any retention friction

My duty weapon is a S&W M&P with a Delta Point. I use a Safariland 6280 that I modififed to work with the rds. You can make just about any kydex holster fit a gun with a red dot. Just get your heat gun fired up and custom mold it to fit. I even made a small cover that attaches to the flip retention to keep the rain off the optic on those nasty days.

k9g

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taliv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bladetech makes holsters for the fnp45 that fit correctly and require no modification. they make IWB and OWB. for the tactical model, you do have to cut a bit of a hole in the bottom. but you don't lose any retention friction </div></div>

Taliv, do you have the reddot sight on yours? If so does it clear with no modifications as you stated.

blade-tech makes an FNP-45 Holster which they will modify for the Tactical version. I got mine from them last year. It is the DOH ICE Holster.