For those with Larue OBR ownership/experience...?

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
Quick question for you-

I picked mine up on Thursday. I bought it off Gunbroker, the original owner had bought it back in Feb and never even shot it. It came with a ton of Larue swag, but not an owners manual.

My question is this- for the gas block switch, which setting is for normal fire and which is for suppressed? Using my google-foo, I couldn't find anything anywhere.

Thanks,

-Bob

Re: For those with Larue OBR ownership/experience...?

Bob,

When viewed from the top i.e. with you behind the barrel the lever should be facing left without suppressor and right with suppressor. You can use a live round or something similar to reach thru the vent hole of the handgaurd. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

When viewed from the top i.e. with you behind the barrel the lever should be facing left without suppressor and right with suppressor. You can use a live round or something similar to reach thru the vent hole of the handgaurd. Hope this helps.

</div></div>It does, clear as day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AK-Bandit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My OBR manual and shop test target were under the foam when it came from LaRue. You probably already checked there, but it not... </div></div>I thought I did, but I will again, as I found neither. I did get the link to the online owners manual though, so I'm good there!!!

Typically you can tell if it's suppressed or for unsuppressed. ie my Noveske Switchblock would short stroke when running unsuppressed when the switchblock was in suppress mode. Basically it didn't have enough blowback to push the carrier back enough to load in another round. (actually I forget if the carrier even moved at all.. it's been a while since I accidentally shot it that way.)