• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Forming 6.5 Creedmoor brass

264shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2009
Western Nevada
I didn't want to highjack the 6.5 CM vs 260 thread so I will ask my question here.

Since Hornady is the only place that makes 6.5 Creedmoor, has anybody thought about it or tried to form there own brass out of something else that might be more availible, or possibly stonger. I tried a 308 lapua case and that didn't work very good.

Just a thought

Re: Forming 6.5 Creedmoor brass

There was a thread where people were forming them from .308 brass. Not sure what brand though. They said it worked.

Haven't tried it but I think you might be able to form 6.5Creedmoor from 22-250 brass. Neck up to 7mm, then run through the Creedmoor die and create a false shoulder. Probably come a out a bit short, but should be usable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's wrong with the Hornady Brass? I've been loading it and it works just fine. </div></div>

People always looking for a reasonable priced second source. Any Single source items always make people nervous.