• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Frankford Arsenal universal seater

bluebu70

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2013
Cape Girardeau,Mo.
I bought one of these to try out of curiosity, seems like a good concept. Something I noticed that I haven’t heard mentioned yet, when checking the sleeves for caliber , if I put the brass in the sleeve it indexes on the case mouth not the shoulder taper. For instance, I put a 22 ARC and 223 case in the .224 sleeve and it does this. I had to go up to .257 for them to touch on the shoulder but obviously the bullet area would be too large. Seems to me, for proper centering the sleeve should index the shoulder. Has anyone else noticed this or even looked that close? Curious to hear thoughts about this. Before anyone asks, no I haven’t contacted the mfg yet as it just delivered this evening and yes my brass is trimmed properly.
Thanks.

I bought one of these to try out of curiosity, seems like a good concept. Something I noticed that I haven’t heard mentioned yet, when checking the sleeves for caliber , if I put the brass in the sleeve it indexes on the case mouth not the shoulder taper. For instance, I put a 22 ARC and 223 case in the .224 sleeve and it does this. I had to go up to .257 for them to touch on the shoulder but obviously the bullet area would be too large. Seems to me, for proper centering the sleeve should index the shoulder. Has anyone else noticed this or even looked that close? Curious to hear thoughts about this. Before anyone asks, no I haven’t contacted the mfg yet as it just delivered this evening and yes my brass is trimmed properly.
Thanks.
I am not sure if I understand you correctly. I recently bought one of these seaters because I own the rcbs version in 6.5cr and really like the window feed option.

On the FA one it didn’t work out for me, a boat tail bullet doesn’t center (line up in the sleeve) when feeding it through the window. So the bullet sits in there misaligned and will not meet the seating stem on the upstroke.

I tried the 6, 6.5 and 7mm sleeve. All had the same issue. The o-ring / pin that keeps the bullet from falling through seems to be in the wrong location or at the wrong depth.

The die could be still used inserting the bullet from the bottom like every regular die but l lost interest because it wasn’t working as desired and I returned the die.