• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Freak'n boats

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Laying under a boat to wax the hull fuckin sucks giant monkey balls..........Thank God its not a big boat.

boat.jpg

Re: Freak'n boats

It would be easier to wax if you got it out of the water bro.

I guess waxing the hull is another reason that the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it.
smile.gif
I mentioned buying a boat once and Dad told me it was just a hole in the water you throw money into.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Laying under a boat to wax the hull fuckin sucks giant monkey balls..........Thank God its not a big boat.

boat.jpg
</div></div>

This is like the Polish mine sweeper joke right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deputy1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the old saying..."If it flies, fucks or floats, it's cheaper to rent." </div></div>

I have never heard that. I think you may have just opened up my eyes to a whole new world!

Thank you Sir

No kiddin.
I owned a M20J for about 3 years. And while I got to fly it all over this country and into the carribian it was a giant money suck. Then I got a boat. Too big for a trailer I had to have a marina slip. That was an even bigger money AND time suck.

I still have a wife. I think they cost you more after you get rid of them.

I owned a boat dealership for 11 years, I could type for hours about boats. Boat manufacturers never new that at some point a Tech would have to work on it!!!!!
My guys would cuss for hours about some of the shit you would have to do just to change an oil filter...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deputy1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the old saying..."If it flies, fucks or floats, it's cheaper to rent." </div></div>

i love it. thats great

a charter i use alot showed me a spread sheet he worked up for a boat show. excluding the cost of fuel because you have to pay that with a charter regardless, after you factor in the note, insurance, and maintenance you can charter 9 times a year before before its cheaper to own a bluewater boat.

i'm gettin one anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boats are really cool when your friends own them. </div></div>

+1 that's why I sold mine. My fishing buddy bought one
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boats are really cool when your friends own them. </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

same here. the only catch is we get to split up a 300+ gallon fuel bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boats are really cool when your friends own them. </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

same here. the only catch is we get to split up a 300+ gallon fuel bill </div></div>

I feel your pain, got rid of my Contender 23 when gas hit $3.50 a gallon, now I spend about as much to fill my Hewes as I do my Toyota, but it sips way less gas. Maybe I should have bought a motorcycle again.
confused.gif

The way to do it is to buy a lake house. All your boys will show up with their boats, giving you a guaranteed spot on them. Their investment will suck up money and devalue, while you gain equity and value in yours, in theory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WuLitian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One thing I've noticed though...women take their clothes off on boats.

Not so on airplanes, however... </div></div>

Not true my man. At 6000 feet on auto pilot GPS direct and 3 more hours to go.....
As long as you keep your headset on and respond to radio calls you can get plenty busy in an airplane. You just have to be careful.
Not that I ever engaged in that kind of behavior mind you, but it can be done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deputy1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the old saying..."If it flies, fucks or floats, it's cheaper to rent."</div></div> true true true

I hate to tell you but waxing the bottom of a boat is useless. It probably only last a few hours at most. I used to work at Donzi dealership back in high school. Auto wax when submerged breaks down in a few hours. It is good to remove all the oxidation and fouling, I will give you that.

Maybe, there is some new formula wax for the bottom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to tell you but waxing the bottom of a boat is useless. It probably only last a few hours at most. I used to work at Donzi dealership back in high school. Auto wax when submerged breaks down in a few hours. It is good to remove all the oxidation and fouling, I will give you that.

Maybe, there is some new formula wax for the bottom. </div></div>

Yep, autowax doesn't hold up, I use 3m marine wax seems to work pretty good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boats are really cool when your friends own them. </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

same here. the only catch is we get to split up a 300+ gallon fuel bill </div></div>

I feel your pain, got rid of my Contender 23 when gas hit $3.50 a gallon, </div></div>

was it a 23 tournament?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Maybe, there is some new formula wax for the bottom. </div></div>

Bikini Wax? </div></div>

Wrong Hull

Yep she was a 23 Tourny.

I am rather happy with mine, and yes you can see some rather interesting thing from the vessel. Of course I live 1.5 miles from the Alabama River. I have either had a motorcycle or a boat for as long as I can remember.

Mike

Boat009-1.jpg

Boat002.jpg

Boat010-1.jpg

I used a slippery chemical stuff - seaslide I think it was called.

<span style="font-size: 26pt">B</span>reak <span style="font-size: 26pt">O</span>ut <span style="font-size: 26pt">A</span>nother <span style="font-size: 26pt">T</span>housand

Think this is the only pic left of my 19' Bayliner, Volvo engine - Ker-CHING!

bayliner.jpg

Nice! I'll have to remember that one. Thanks!

sailing1.jpg

Not mine, but a friend's boat. I started out as rail meat and ended up a steersman (that's me in the white shirt). Can't wait to retire and get my own.

Witch Doctor - The owner used to ease into the shallows with this boat near the old Ponchatrain Beach and scrub the hull before racing season. Lots of fun when the local dive team comes and recovers a floater, while you're about 100 yards away cleaning your boat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sailing1.jpg

Not mine, but a friend's boat. I started out as rail meat and ended up a steersman (that's me in the white shirt). Can't wait to retire and get my own.

Witch Doctor - The owner used to ease into the shallows with this boat near the old Ponchatrain Beach and scrub the hull before racing season. Lots of fun when the local dive team comes and recovers a floater, while you're about 100 yards away cleaning your boat.
</div></div>

Is that a 28' Catalina? If not, it looks VERY similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a 28' Catalina? If not, it looks VERY similar. </div></div>

It's a Hunter 27. It's my class of boat, something you can race or take out for the weekend. I trained on a Beneteau 7.5, that was just a racing rig. Not for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats funny, how long ago was that. Its been awhile since I had to get a floater out of Lake Ponchatrain. </div></div>

Had to be 3 years ago. They got a front row seat to the whole ordeal.