• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

F T/R Competition Front rest Shadetree top

UndFrm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
CA
I am debating about putting a Shadetree top on a Caldwell Rock BR. I already have the Caldwell, so the additional cost would be approx $425.
Is there a better, cost efficient way that I can go with other than the Shadetree, whether it's just a top on Caldwell or an entirely new rest?
It needs to have a joystick and the intent is F-Open. I am aware about the variations of SEB but there are super over the budget.

Thank you

Same setup for the wife's gun.
ShadeTree top on a Caldwell base.
P1110183b.jpg

Reactions: UndFrm
One issue my wife had with the Caldwell rest was when returning to battery she would push the rest forward a fraction on an inch.
If she was close to the edge of the concrete "round down" she would have to readjust elevation.
I used a black marker as a monitor to show her. If she pays attention and returns the rifle to the stop, OK. Set up a little further back on the concrete, OK.
I epoxied steel fender washers to the feet then applied stick on antislip pads (HomeDepot). FIXED.
P1110230.jpg