FX is not the only show in town!

jps2486

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2020
Onalaska, WI
It seems that the majority of posts here talk about FX rifles. They are good but there are others that are just as good, if not better. I like RAW (Rapid Air Worx) rifles. They have been around a long time and are totally made in the USA. They have a long reputation in the benchrest world and I think you should check them out. I had an HM1000x in .177 caliber built for me by the original designer, Martin Rutterford of Airguns-USA. I have been shooting 100 yd BR using FX .22 and .30 cal rifles but wanted to see if the diminutive .177 could compete in the same venue. Mine shoots 13.4 gr Zan slugs at 1010 fps and I came in third in the last two matches. Not bad for an old fart.

HM1000x rt side.jpg
100 yds.jpg

I like your chassis, but I just can't justify the cost.
Yeah it was a bit to swallow for sure.... but I sold two of my other airguns to help fund this one. I had Martin build it for me, as I have an original Theoben Rapid that he built while he was still in England.

The chassis is sold and built very well. Which you would expect from something coming from MPA.

Trigger to trigger guard interface looks suspect. Is that the latest version of that chassis?
Who are you asking about? The MPA chassis has a really nice trigger guard. The trigger when pulled about comes flush with the back of the trigger guard. Think of it like an over travel stop without a screw. The chassis comes with two different grips, a few thumb shelfs, and a trigger guard side spacer. So the ability to get your shooting hand in just the right spot is very nice.

Yes, that is what I was referencing. So is this receiver the same configuration as current HM1000X as far as trigger location goes? I ask because I was considering one of these, but that trigger to trigger guard relationship is a stopper for me.

Reactions: woogie_man
Yes just a standard HM1000x.

I did attempt to put my original Theoben in the chassis and it didn't fit. The stock mounting point is different. I also tried my Dawson Rapid and the same thing as the original.

These rifles are stupid easy to work on, and rarely break. And the fact that they shoot great is a nice bonus.

Last edited:
I have two of the RAW HM 1000X rifles one in .22 and one in .30. They are very nice simple accurate rifles with the nicest two stage trigger I have ever experienced anyway.
I put the saber tactical chassis on both of mine. It has a full length arca rail underneath and accepts standard AR furniture

Glad that others are finding this out about these guns. The FX is GREAT for their innovation, but DAMN do they have seals and many little parts. I love my Rapids and currently have 3 of them right now. The next rifle I have that is about as easy to work on is my AAA Paradigm. Though I am kind of looking at replacing that gun with something that will shoot slugs, so my son and I can do some longer range shooting and hunting together.