• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Game Changer or Optimized Game Changer Bag for PRS

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Getting ready to buy an Armegeddon Gear Game Changer bag but don’t know which to get. Leaning towards the Optimized as it is the older Reasor design (heavier, a bit larger dimensionally and has the option of waxed nylon).

Any reason I should reconsider and go smaller and lighter with the other? It comes with straps but I have heard it isn’t as stable as the optimized.

There are some guys that will tell you straight out that the original is the best one. I've seen them post here as well, and they may be right. I don't know, as I've only used the newer one from AG and it works great for everything I've tried to accomplish with it.

I shot off of one of Bison Tactical’s “Tactical Udder” last weekend, and also a Game Changer. I’m ordering a Tactical Udder when they are back in stock. It can do everything the Game Changer can, and more. But, it is heavy. I think it was over six pounds.

Here’s is a link to it.

https://www.bisontactical.com/products/tactical-udder-field-bag

There are some guys that will tell you straight out that the original is the best one. I've seen them post here as well, and they may be right. I don't know, as I've only used the newer one from AG and it works great for everything I've tried to accomplish with it.

So you feel pretty stable shooting off the smaller bag? I guess that’s what I am most worried about. The straps don’t matter a lot to me but are a plus on the smaller one.

I have both and the version with straps stays in my pack. So far in every match I've used them I've found a stage or two where it was advantageous to have it attached to the gun. Most of the time I run it without the straps but those few times they're nice to have. When you're sticking the gun in and out of barricade holes or windows it's not to not have to mess with two separate items. Stick the rifle through and plop it down.

Reactions: BravoSierra
^^^Pretty much what Redneckbmxer said^^^

I mostly carry the straps with me to use when needed. Like he said, there's usually one or two stages that are better with it strapped to the rifle. Otherwise I prefer it without the straps. I can throw it on a roof peak or barricade rail and it is solid enough that it becomes easier to use a free recoil approach than my traditional solid support method. And note that there is a weight difference with the original being about 6 lbs. and the new one at somewhere 4.5 lbs (total guesses based on a rough memory).

Other times I use it in multiple ways in a stage, since we are now being driven to a one bag approach here locally. Interestingly, that one bag concept is a reaction to the proliferation of bags at the matches and meant to curtail use of big bags I guess. I'm seeing that it just makes people gravitate to the most useful single bag to carry.

I fought the craze at first, for a couple reasons, not the least of which was an original dislike of the arrogance and presumption in the name, lol. But one cannot but see that its introduction has actually changed the game. Like it or not. This bag has superseded a few others for at least now.

Who knows? Maybe the next best thing in bags will be a tactical octopus.

Reactions: Diver160651
^^^Pretty much what Redneckbmxer said^^^

I mostly carry the straps with me to use when needed. Like he said, there's usually one or two stages that are better with it strapped to the rifle. Otherwise I prefer it without the straps. I can throw it on a roof peak or barricade rail and it is solid enough that it becomes easier to use a free recoil approach than my traditional solid support method. And note that there is a weight difference with the original being about 6 lbs. and the new one at somewhere 4.5 lbs (total guesses based on a rough memory).

Other times I use it in multiple ways in a stage, since we are now being driven to a one bag approach here locally. Interestingly, that one bag concept is a reaction to the proliferation of bags at the matches and meant to curtail use of big bags I guess. I'm seeing that it just makes people gravitate to the most useful single bag to carry.

I fought the craze at first, for a couple reasons, not the least of which was an original dislike of the arrogance and presumption in the name, lol. But one cannot but see that its introduction has actually changed the game. Like it or not. This bag has superseded a few others for at least now.

Who knows? Maybe the next best thing in bags will be a tactical octopus.

Well shit....we have tactical utter already. What’s 4 more legs??? Haha!

General consensus is go with new design.

You will not go wrong with the original model. I would not even suggest that. Buy the older model and then later buy the new one too. If you're like anyone else, you should have at least half a dozen or more bags hanging around or you haven't lived. Actually, come to think about it, I'm pretty sure I have more like 8-10 different bags now. It'h a thickneth, I thay!

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
I have the newer one. Worrying about that 5 lb plus bag being unstable is splitting hairs to me. Pm me if you want to buy it used. Im going to the RRS Wiebad Mini Fortune cookie, and i too have way too many bags laying around.

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
I too am looking for a bag, and have a hard time with choosing between all of them, but leaning on the DRC forutne cookie. I looked at the Tactical Udder but saw where it might be a cloned bag from Warhorse Development. Not trying to start anything, nope, just want to the best features, materials, and construction for my money.

Reactions: dntworry
Fwiw, I borrowed someone's fortune cookie bag at January's match for an oddball stage and it worked very well for that stage. The challenge was to engage a target three times using a 2" pvc pipe that was loose on a rope as support.

6B2259DD-DC90-48D6-9041-33D6D2144601.jpeg

The bag on the right is the Saracen. The bag on the left is Nokota to be released on Monday. The weight is halved (3lbs) but it does the exact same job, just as well. And yes that picture is from my unprofessional, non technologically advanced stitch shop in my basement, but by golly I put time and care into ever piece.

Reactions: smokeon and Squat
I ordered the Trap Bag from Cole-Tac (have not received yet), that seems to be along these lines and is new. Instead of two lobes on the bottom there is one large one to wrap around objects (this might or might not lend itself to being a rear bag as well). Comes in a little cheaper than most of the comparable ones and I can definitely vouch for their customer service! Anybody used one yet? I’ll report back when I’ve gotten a chance to use it.

https://www.cole-tac.com/product/trap-bag/

I have a Saracen and, now, a Fortune Cookie. I really like the Saracen - it fills space in a variety of obstacles very well, especially off of tank traps and the like. It's easily manipulated to conform to the obstacle, too. Plus, Chas is a cool guy who worked with me to get a bag in a non-standard pattern, and kept me updated on the progress with the bag during it's manufacture. Can't say enough good things about his customer service.

That said, I was finding it difficult to shoot some typical "heavy bag" situations with it (for instance, free recoil, and off of narrow fence rails). I attended a clinic w/ Jim See a couple of weeks ago, and asked him about my issue with steadying the gun in a free recoil situation. He immediately swapped the Saracen with one of his OG Game Changers. Just like that, free recoil became easy (using the technique Jim describes in various videos). Something about the difference in fill and/or shape between the two makes a big difference in how they handle that situation for me (it's the difference between wobbling 3 MOA, and wobbling 1/2 MOA). I spent the rest of the day swapping between those two and the mini and full size Fortune Cookies. I ended up settling on a full size Fortune Cookie, because it was the equal of the Game Changer in every situation I tried, but it was superior on things like pipe fence because of the grippy material on the inside.

If I drive to a match, I'll almost certainly have both bags with me. Flying to one, it may just be the Fortune Cookie. And, I could see buying a Game Changer in the future, too, and spending more time with it. There are subtle differences in the handling of each that I'm nowhere near nuanced enough in my usage to realize, yet.

Also, I tried the non-OG GC, and the waxed canvas GC. Purportedly, the waxed canvas bag should grip a pipe fence better, and it does seem to... a little bit, but not like the big difference the Fortune Cookie had in that scenario. I could use either, and didn't arrive at a definitive decision between the two, but was left kind of feeling like the Cordura OG GC treated me just a tiny bit better.

Edit to add - I missed mentioning that the non-OG GC was the only one I wasn't very into. Compared to the OG, the waxed canvas GC, the Fortune Cookies, and the Saracen, I feel like the lighter weight GC is the definite odd man out...

Last edited:
Reactions: davidwiz and lash
New Cole-Tac Trap Bag, looks pretty versatile.

Attachments

• 1FE432DD-BA45-45A8-A518-5CF7D68F2799.jpeg
    1FE432DD-BA45-45A8-A518-5CF7D68F2799.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 136
  • C9D59FD7-E366-4CF5-BE61-5A6018739F48.jpeg
    C9D59FD7-E366-4CF5-BE61-5A6018739F48.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 164
  • FB604C73-97FD-4236-A178-1F192B03D2A1.jpeg
    FB604C73-97FD-4236-A178-1F192B03D2A1.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 160
  • F9527D67-C5D7-4382-BF30-41108C5472E3.jpeg
    F9527D67-C5D7-4382-BF30-41108C5472E3.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 152
  • BAC5B90A-1C81-44C3-A734-D2619A27E34E.jpeg
    BAC5B90A-1C81-44C3-A734-D2619A27E34E.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 159
Well, it was going to be Nokota, but the little guy is Comanche. Lone survivor of Custer’s detachment at the Battle of the Little Bighorn. It is now available.

Playing with Comanche it has yet to disappoint. Does the same job as the Saracen. It’s pretty neat.

Attachments

• D1CA2061-603D-440F-8DBF-A84488BACD45.jpeg
    D1CA2061-603D-440F-8DBF-A84488BACD45.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 160D3236-19A7-44C5-828F-0993A5CE5606.jpeg
    160D3236-19A7-44C5-828F-0993A5CE5606.jpeg
    653.7 KB · Views: 157
I have tried or owned all of these. As far as the game changer goes the wax canvas is awesome. I have owned both and like the canvas much better. It seems to settle in better due to the material being more flexable. Both are great.

Fortune cookie, tactical udder, are both great. Cant go wrong with any of these mentoined.

The Black Branch gecko 2 is a nice bag and the grip is good and bad at the same time. The eite fill I dont care for though. Not near as stable as the gamechanger

Love my saracen and commanche. I would say the saracen is slightly more stable, but I could be wrong. The commanche is much better for carrying around, no doubt.

Reactions: Birch Creek
View attachment 6884795

The bag on the right is the Saracen. The bag on the left is Nokota to be released on Monday. The weight is halved (3lbs) but it does the exact same job, just as well. And yes that picture is from my unprofessional, non technologically advanced stitch shop in my basement, but by golly I put time and care into ever piece.
Are you trying to get me to buy one? that looks awesome....

I have tried or owned all of these. As far as the game changer goes the wax canvas is awesome. I have owned both and like the canvas much better. It seems to settle in better due to the material being more flexable. Both are great.

Fortune cookie, tactical udder, are both great. Cant go wrong with any of these mentoined.

The Black Branch gecko 2 is a nice bag and the grip is good and bad at the same time. The eite fill I dont care for though. Not near as stable as the gamechanger
Wax canvas is awesome!

Reactions: Danattherock
View attachment 6884795

Great looking bags!!! Were you an ALSE guy lol?

Last few two day PRS matches I shot at, waxed canvas Game changers were the undeniable favorite bag. Seems half the guys there had one. Many had the new pint sized game changer also, waxed canvas as well.

Anyone ever use a wax canvas bag in the super cold or rain/snow? Kinda curious how the waxy material would handle the rain.
Used my waxed canvas Comanche in 35 degF temp this past weekend with a heavy dose of mist the entire day. The bag was damp the whole day and worked just fine. Took a full day to completely dry out but no issues.

Reactions: Birch Creek
I’ve downsized from the OG Reasor bag to the Pint Sized waxed AG bag. The OG is still my favorite, but the heavy pint size works great for PRS. Plenty stable for a front rest, and also small enough to manipulate as a rear bag. It also take up less space in my pack.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Anyone ever use a wax canvas bag in the super cold or rain/snow? Kinda curious how the waxy material would handle the rain.

My pint size held up just fine in the rain, mud, and muck at Altus last weekend. The sand they use doesn't absorb water, so even if it seeps throught he canvas it dries out pretty quick, and the canvas still works great, even when wet.

Its wild how people differ between the pint size and the regular size. I went with the regular size simply because i read that a pint size is a tad small trying to fit around the fat part of a 2x4. Especially so if theres also a sheet of plywood attached. I'll still probably end up buying a pint size anyways....

Its wild how people differ between the pint size and the regular size. I went with the regular size simply because i read that a pint size is a tad small trying to fit around the fat part of a 2x4. Especially so if theres also a sheet of plywood attached. I'll still probably end up buying a pint size anyways....

Turn the PS sideways. Problem solved.

I shot off of one of Bison Tactical’s “Tactical Udder” last weekend, and also a Game Changer. I’m ordering a Tactical Udder when they are back in stock. It can do everything the Game Changer can, and more. But, it is heavy. I think it was over six pounds.

Here’s is a link to it.

https://www.bisontactical.com/products/tactical-udder-field-bag
if you call them they might have certain fabrics in stock. i just ordered one so i know that certain materials are in stock right now.