• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 at 1250 Yards...

-Nick-

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2011
I'm excited as I took my first shot at going beyond 850 yards.

First shot... hit! Followed by 5 more. Went 15 for 20 at 1250 yards today on my GAP-10
grin.gif

Re: GAP-10 at 1250 Yards...

Unfortunately no video. I'll put up some pics by tomorrow though of the area we were at. The ammo I was rocking was going a little slow so the concern was that they'd be going subsonic before impact, but they made it. If I'd had known I would've had someone video my ecstatic behavior between shots lol...

Sounds like an awesome day. 1250yds with a gas gun... hehe man GAP sure does make an accurate stick.

Yep. Good shooting. I wish I had a pic of your face after the 1st hit. I love seeing.people make hits beyond what they thought possible. Priceless.

Can't wait to see pics. In my book gas guns are becoming quite amazing as far as accuracy goes.

Nice shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What load, what bbl, details? </div></div>

This^

I'd like to hear what configuration rifle, ammo, etc.

Thanks, David M

Good job! I can't wait to get my shot at a course of fire like that.

Seriously good shooting. I'd like to know how big the target was.

I know it was a.175 smk @ 2500fps. Don't know the load specs on it. The target was my full size silohet. 18"x30".
Temp 43*
Station press 28,46"
Rh 41%.
Iirc he was needing 19.8 mills, but I really don't remember for sure.
Broker can fill in the rest.

It was 18.7 mils. I was using a 175SMK but the velocity was not what expected (about 2440fps) and being looked into. My GAP-10 is a 22", .308, mid-length gas system but rifle length stock. with SF muzzle brake. I'm working on downloading pics now...

The stick and the range and the guys with me going out between 700-800 I don't have any with me behind it because well... I can't take a photo of myself laying down and was too lazy to ask someone else too lmao.

CRW_0833.jpg

Acme.jpg

CRW_0830.jpg

CRW_0832.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caliber?
Barrel Length? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was 18.7 mils. I was using a 175SMK but the velocity was not what expected (about 2440fps) and being looked into. My GAP-10 is a 22", .308, mid-length gas system but rifle length stock. with SF muzzle brake. I'm working on downloading pics now... </div></div>

Ummm.... Lol...

Nice backdrop, That 22 inch doesn't look long with that rifle length rail. The GAP 10 is definitely a good bolt gun substitute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stick and the range and the guys with me going out between 700-800 I don't have any with me behind it because well... I can't take a photo of myself laying down and was too lazy to ask someone else too lmao.

CRW_0833.jpg

Acme.jpg

CRW_0830.jpg

CRW_0832.jpg
</div></div>

Beautiful pics you wouldn't happen to have the first in a bigger res would you? Would make a great wallpaper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn... you guys are going to cost me SO MUCH Money...

wink.gif
</div></div>

Going? Man i think i've estimated close to 10 grand put into 3 weapons counting optics now lol.

$10,000 in three rifles is nothing.
Around here I've seen people have that much in one rig.

My most expensive rifle to date is my .300WSM GAP with a 3.2-17 TPAL on top.
And I got a gread deal on both the gun and USO and that rig still cost me about $5300.
Had I bought it all new it would have been quite a bit more than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was using a 175SMK but the velocity was not what expected (about 2440fps) and being looked into.</div></div>

Are these hand loads or by what manufacturer? If memory serves me right...Shouldn't the 175SMK be doing about 2600 fps, especially out of a 22" barrel. What are your thoughts when you say "being looked into"?

David M

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Beautiful pics you wouldn't happen to have the first in a bigger res would you? Would make a great wallpaper...

Going? Man i think i've estimated close to 10 grand put into 3 weapons counting optics now lol. </div></div>

I actually do... check your email. As for the second... closer to $15K for the 3 and that doesn't include the Grendel, a .270, and DPMS 308 plus a few other misc rifles all with optics, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was using a 175SMK but the velocity was not what expected (about 2440fps) and being looked into.</div></div>

Are these hand loads or by what manufacturer? If memory serves me right...Shouldn't the 175SMK be doing about 2600 fps, especially out of a 22" barrel. What are your thoughts when you say "being looked into"?

David M </div></div>

They were purchased and I'm keeping the name undisclosed to spare them bad publicity and spare me the fanboy attacks since he's sending me some test loads to see what happened. We're not sure what happened but I should've been closer to 2650fps. The vendor is sending me some rounds to test out and see what's happening and working with me to resolve it
grin.gif

I have a GAP-10 with a 20" barrel and my 175smk hand loads are 2640fps. so 2650 fps should be about right.

I'm going to pick up some Southwest Ammo and some FGMM 175 SMK to see what all 3 do. Lowlight explained that I might just have a slower bore. I'll run all 3 through a chrono and see what I come up with. Even though it was slow, it was still accurate as hell...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I actually do... check your email. As for the second... closer to $15K for the 3 and that doesn't include the Grendel, a .270, and DPMS 308 plus a few other misc rifles all with optics, lol. </div></div>

Thanks man got the pics.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$10,000 in three rifles is nothing.
Around here I've seen people have that much in one rig.

My most expensive rifle to date is my .300WSM GAP with a 3.2-17 TPAL on top.
And I got a gread deal on both the gun and USO and that rig still cost me about $5300.
Had I bought it all new it would have been quite a bit more than that.</div></div>

That is true but for a 20 year old working in the summers and winter when i'm not in college it's quite a lot. Only going to get to work a month this summer
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohio59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig.

Question. What scope base and height please.
</div></div>

It's the Badger Ordnance one piece mount made for GAP and the height is 1.270...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stick and the range and the guys with me going out between 700-800 I don't have any with me behind it because well... I can't take a photo of myself laying down and was too lazy to ask someone else too lmao.

CRW_0833.jpg

Acme.jpg

CRW_0830.jpg

CRW_0832.jpg
</div></div>
great photos, beautiful gun and playground! thanks for sharing

If you have a 100yd zero, I get a lot more than 18.7 mils when using a MV of 2440 when I wash the numbers through FTE.

I have a 308 20" gas gun with a Krieger tube on it and I'm seeing 2550 fps at the muzzle with factory 175gr ammo. With the atmospherics you listed it should take me exactly 19.0 mils to get to 1250 yards. With your 22" barrel it would make sense that you need a bit less than 19 mils, so I am wondering if you have bad chrono data on that ammo. Of course, there are small variables about your system that I don't know and it's not a perfect science, but the numbers are different enough to warrant a look.

Just a thought...

ETA: I know you're way subsonic on this and that could be a big reason but it hasn't been my experience that the 175s fall out of the sky when crossing the transonic threshold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Petey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have a 100yd zero, I get a lot more than 18.7 mils when using a MV of 2440 when I wash the numbers through FTE.

I have a 308 20" gas gun with a Krieger tube on it and I'm seeing 2550 fps at the muzzle with factory 175gr ammo. With the atmospherics you listed it should take me exactly 19.0 mils to get to 1250 yards. With your 22" barrel it would make sense that you need a bit less than 19 mils, so I am wondering if you have bad chrono data on that ammo. Of course, there are small variables about your system that I don't know and it's not a perfect science, but the numbers are different enough to warrant a look.

Just a thought...

ETA: I know you're way subsonic on this and that could be a big reason but it hasn't been my experience that the 175s fall out of the sky when crossing the transonic threshold. </div></div>

I'm also sitting on a 20 MOA base. We tested the rounds through the chrono twice and used 2450fps for doping and hit right off the first round. I'm going to get some FGMM, SW, and some other various and see what I get through a chrono in a week or so...

I recommend the 155 scenars in this rifle.

I am getting 2875 fps through an 18.5" barrel.

These are my handloads in LC brass/ RE15.

*don't try this with Fed brass (popped primers)

Very accurate out to 900 yrds.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Petey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have a 100yd zero, I get a lot more than 18.7 mils when using a MV of 2440 when I wash the numbers through FTE.

Just a thought...

ETA: I know you're way subsonic on this and that could be a big reason but it hasn't been my experience that the 175s fall out of the sky when crossing the transonic threshold. </div></div>

I'm also sitting on a 20 MOA base. We tested the rounds through the chrono twice and used 2450fps for doping and hit right off the first round. I'm going to get some FGMM, SW, and some other various and see what I get through a chrono in a week or so... </div></div>

Please keep us posted on results of your findings. My curiosity is getting the best of me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caliber?
Barrel Length? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was 18.7 mils. I was using a 175SMK but the velocity was not what expected (about 2440fps) and being looked into. My GAP-10 is a 22", .308, mid-length gas system but rifle length stock. with SF muzzle brake. I'm working on downloading pics now... </div></div>

Ummm.... Lol... </div></div>

Haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was using a 175SMK but the velocity was not what expected (about 2440fps) and being looked into.</div></div>

David M </div></div>

They were purchased and I'm keeping the name undisclosed to spare them bad publicity and spare me the fanboy attacks since he's sending me some test loads to see what happened. We're not sure what happened but I should've been closer to 2650fps. The vendor is sending me some rounds to test out and see what's happening and working with me to resolve it
grin.gif
... </div></div>

Broker,
Any updates on your findings???

I've been swamped with work. I'm hoping to get out this week since there's a match Sunday and I need the load data before then.

Nice rig and nice shooting.

Try the Southwest Ammo's 175gr with the new Lapua brass....you should get close to 2600+fps out of a 22" barrel with it and the rounds accuracy is as good as any handload I have ever seen. Ain't cheap but you can resell once fired Lapua brass.

Get a can on that thing and you will have the sh*t for a rig. People will watch in awe as you break that thing out of your gear bag and pee on themselves with envy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig and nice shooting.

Try the Southwest Ammo's 175gr with the new Lapua brass....you should get close to 2600+fps out of a 22" barrel with it and the rounds accuracy is as good as any handload I have ever seen. Ain't cheap but you can resell once fired Lapua brass.

Get a can on that thing and you will have the sh*t for a rig. People will watch in awe as you break that thing out of your gear bag and pee on themselves with envy. </div></div>

Ordered the can a week ago... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm excited as I took my first shot at going beyond 850 yards.

First shot... hit! Followed by 5 more. Went 15 for 20 at 1250 yards today on my GAP-10
grin.gif

</div></div>

AWESOME!!! What load were you using?