• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Garmin $3K watch

db2000

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Damn. Garmin sells a few chronos and suddenly they’re in the $3K watch business
    IMG_0120.jpeg

I love these "too expensive" threads in a place where we have $4k scopes in $500 mounts on top of $6k rifles that weigh 22 lbs resting in a $1500 tripod shooting bullets that are $2/round and we use $3k range finding binos so we can shoot targets we can't eat that our buddies look at with $4k spotting scopes.

For utility and cost a Tikka and Timex is all you need, right boys? Anything else and you're just retarded for buying and the companies are retarded for selling.

Garmin also makes the Instinct which IMO is the best smart watch, and the first-gen version can be purchased for $199.

I know watch guys like to think that wearing expensive jewelry will impress other dudes, but a $3200 "smart watch" to me is indication of a failed intelligence test.

That being said, the AB version of the Tactix is frickin cool.

I love these "too expensive" threads in a place where we have $4k scopes in $500 mounts on top of $6k rifles that weigh 22 lbs resting in a $1500 tripod shooting bullets that are $2/round and we use $3k range finding binos so we can shoot targets we can't eat that our buddies look at with $4k spotting scopes.

For utility and cost a Tikka and Timex is all you need, right boys? Anything else and you're just retarded for buying and the companies are retarded for selling.
    Don’t be silly. My phones optical zoom is trash.

I wear the watch my guys gave me when I retired. I use it to see what time it is whenever I am at a place that I don't have my cellphone - mostly military funerals.

I don't wear my watch otherwise . . . because my guys gave it to me when I retired . . . and I don't want to get it damaged.

But if we buy the watch then we can’t buy the scope

• Haha
    Reactions: UNRL Ghandi

Look Ghandi... if you want to take a vow of poverty and make your own salt and spin your own robes... that's on you.

I'll drop whatever I want on cool stuff. But a Garmin Watch has a cost of goods of about $36... So there is that!

Now go back to your vegan curry! (And make enough for me. I love Curry.)

Cheers.

Sirhr

Look Ghandi... if you want to take a vow of poverty and make your own salt and spin your own robes... that's on you.

I'll drop whatever I want on cool stuff. But a Garmin Watch has a cost of goods of about $36... So there is that!

Now go back to your vegan curry! (And make enough for me. I love Curry.)

Cheers.

Sirhr
    Dearest Sirhr,

I'm a Tac Ops ninja. Tikka and Timex is not my battle cry. Poverty knocks at my door holding cool stuff and I answer.

I can't believe you called me the V word. Call me a douche, cunt, motherlicker, you name it, but a vegan? I know this is the Bear Pit but c'mon, that's taking it too far. 😘

Love,
    Your gluten free friend - Ghandi

Dearest Sirhr,

I'm a Tac Ops ninja. Tikka and Timex is not my battle cry. Poverty knocks at my door holding cool stuff and I answer.

I can't believe you called me the V word. Call me a douche, cunt, motherlicker, you name it, but a vegan? I know this is the Bear Pit but c'mon, that's taking it too far. 😘

Love,
    Your gluten free friend - Ghandi
    TacOps ninja gonna ninja.

If you have the disposable income, that's really not out of line for a nice watch.

However, for $3200 I get a ratty ass cloth band? The Aviator is $1,000 cheaper and is Titanium, and much nicer looking, to me.

My biggest issue with high dollar "smart" watches is what happens when the little capacitor inside no longer holds a charge? Because it's now a $3k paperweight unless they can replace it, which I highly doubt in today's everything is disposable society. For my $3k, I'd be finding a nice Omega, Seiko Grandmaster, used Rolex, Ball, etc. A nice mechanical diver as I'm pretty hard on watches. It'll outlive me, and likely never need serviced.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic