Grab yours

Garmin chronograph loose insides?

Awesymoto

Awesymoto outdoors
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Eye da hoe
sites.google.com
Hey guys with the Garmin chronograph. Mines been eating muzzle blast and has missed a few readings which hasn’t happened in the past. If I shake the housing real good I can hear a rattle almost like a small bb or something’s slightly loose inside. Can anybody shake theirs so I can figure out if this is normal? If you reload with bushings it sounds like shaking your sizing die and the free floating bushing inside rattle

Seems like if he put it up into the muzzle blast he deserves the prize he won.

If he didn't, then why mention the muzzle blast?
I've been blasted by the muzzle device of those next to me many times in our monthly belly match. I am way further than 15 inches. Idk I'm also curious how it played out exactly.

Oh and I'd like to see what garmin will say and if they'll send him a pre-label to send it in.

Reactions: Awesymoto
Mine gets abused by m82a1 muzzle blast and doesnt seem to care, at least 200 rounds so far.

Im honestly surprised it stays up and the blast comes back and clears the bench.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.png
    IMG_2744.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 5
Mine gets abused by m82a1 muzzle blast and doesnt seem to care, at least 200 rounds so far.

Im honestly surprised it stays up and the blast comes back and clears the bench.

As they should. They were designed to go 5 to 15 back and 5 to 15 to one side of a rifle. This is usually a blast zone for most braked rifles.

Reactions: Awesymoto
Seems like if he put it up into the muzzle blast he deserves the prize he won.

If he didn't, then why mention the muzzle blast?

We don't know that he had it 15" behind the muzzle.

OP, not that it matters, but how long have you had it?
Chevy is an assuming a lot. I dont follow every YouTube gun tuber and I know how to follow directions on the screen before every group.

I’ve had it for nearly a year and put about 1000 rounds of 300 PRC over it sitting abeam my bipod leg every time.

Reactions: Baron23
Muzzle blast kept blowing it off the table.

They never mentioned breaking it, but in a future video they had it behind the muzzle. After his comment section told him to quit being dumb.
That makes sense, and is why I asked the question. They’re so light, and using the supplied tripod one would expect blast to knock it over before damage occurred from just the blast (ie if not enough blast to knock it over, then shouldn’t be enough blast to damage it). Of course there are many other more rigid mounting options people are using.

Wow, glad to see that the Hide has stayed true to form. Guy comes with a polite post asking a question and there is always at least one dick head to give him an arrogant ration of shit that implies he's an idiot.

@Awesymoto - No, mine do not rattle no matter how I shake it. Could be a loose screw as @Rocketvapor suggested (but, wouldn't' the screws be steel and hence a source of possible short on the board???), A piece of solder come loose, a little piece of the board broken off, or any other stuff that's in there and breakable. My view is send it back to Garmin for repair before it fucks up further (I assume its still working, right?)