• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Garmin Tactix 7 Amoled, Applied Balistic and SIG Kilo 6

cainsef

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2023
Esbjerg
Hi All,

I own an Tactix 7 Amoled with AB elite on it for about 10 months now. I have as well an SIG Kilo 6 Binoculars. I have used these two together for 6-7 month getting the balistic solution (on binoculars) in real time and no issues. In the last month a strange thing is happening. Looks like SIG is sending the distance to the watch, balistic solution is shown on the watch screen, however is not automatically sent to binoculars but i have to press one of the watch. I have reseted the watch and nothing changed. It seems like the watch goes in some sort of “standby” and is only receiving the data.

I've only ever used it the way you are describing in the second scenario.
I link sig 10k's to Kestrel 5700X and use it to play around with my numbers if needed. I can't say I even know what my display says aside from the range when it's set to BDX mode.
I can check tonight if no one else chimes in.

in my mind if you are seeing it on the binos it's using the internal AB which is Ultralight and only good to 700 yards or something like that

I've only ever used it the way you are describing in the second scenario.
I link sig 10k's to Kestrel 5700X and use it to play around with my numbers if needed. I can't say I even know what my display says aside from the range when it's set to BDX mode.
I can check tonight if no one else chimes in.

in my mind if you are seeing it on the binos it's using the internal AB which is Ultralight and only good to 700 yards or something like that
Hi,

Thanks for answering. If you are setting the binos to ABX they should give you the same balistic solution as the watch and/or kestrel. They use to work like that; they still do but I have to “wake up” the watch with a press of a button :). Try and let me know.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Hi,

Thanks for answering. If you are setting the binos to ABX they should give you the same balistic solution as the watch and/or kestrel. They use to work like that; they still do but I have to “wake up” the watch with a press of a button :). Try and let me know.
I will try and look tonight.
Thought about it a bit and I'm almost certain they won't display the same solution, I don't think the Kestrel shares the wind call back to the bino's and I'm pretty certain the binos don't send DOF to the Kestrel. It is possible the watch interfaces differently tho

Either way sounds like something is wrong if your watch is going to sleep.

Hi All,

I own an Tactix 7 Amoled with AB elite on it for about 10 months now. I have as well an SIG Kilo 6 Binoculars. I have used these two together for 6-7 month getting the balistic solution (on binoculars) in real time and no issues. In the last month a strange thing is happening. Looks like SIG is sending the distance to the watch, balistic solution is shown on the watch screen, however is not automatically sent to binoculars but i have to press one of the watch. I have reseted the watch and nothing changed. It seems like the watch goes in some sort of “standby” and is only receiving the data.
Hey! That's definitely not how it's supposed to work. Have you tried restarting both devices or resetting the connection between them? Maybe something got stuck in standby mode or something.

I don’t have a Tactix 7, but I know on my Fortrex 701 if I have wind 1 set at 0 it will not send the solution back to the 6k. If I bump it up to 1mph it works like it should.