• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gear bag stolen!!

jb3506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2009
TEXAS
I know I will never see my equipment again, but if anyone in Houston runs across any Wilson Combat ETM's or Glock 40 cal mags that are marked JB, handcuffs, magpul slings, bulk 223 winchester ballistic tips, .45 cal golden sabres, midway range bag. Please drop me a line. Thursday night while working on an operation my UC vehicle was broken into, they got my glock 27 and range bag. I had about 12 glock mags and 10 Wilson ETMs. Damn thieves. If any one hears of any suspicious deals please shoot me a line.

Thanks

James

Re: Gear bag stolen!!

Im just glad I didnt have my department sniper rifle in the truck. I really wish I would have rolled up when the thugs were in the middle of their pilfering, it definitely would have been a below average day for them!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should call the cops. lol Sorry I couldnt resist. That does suck.</div></div>

HAHA

What's the world coming to when the scumbags are stealing from the cops?
laugh.gif

I know, I just cant believe I got cleaned out like that. I had like 500 rounds of golden sabre .45 ammo, and 500 rds of winchester 50 gr ballistic tip, along with a couple of pmags, and some concealment holsters. My favorite being my Raven concealment systems holster and mag pouch. Oh well.. time to restimulate the firearms economy.

Do you usually carry all of that in your UC vehicle? No law enforcement background here but when we would do low vis operations overseas we always assumed the vehicle would get broken into so if we had sensitive equipment in the vehicle it had a set of eyes on it. Not that it was possible for you to do that and I'm not arm chair quarterbacking but that is alot of stuff to be in a UC vehicle in my opinion.

Usually when Im working with my local agency I dont carry all my gear, but when working with the feds we are all over the houston area and never know what may happen IE: having gear for raids, search warrants whatever, so having what you need when your offfice or house is over an hour and a half away its kinda imparitive to have your gear with ya. I know my mistake was just asking if shooters around the Houston area hear of anything to let me know. thanks

Tough break, but its usually embarrassing for the dept when one of their officers lose their weapons. Seems the news channels in DFW love these kind of stories.

20080312_copsegway.thumbnail.jpg

We Had A Dayton PD Officer drive off with his Rock River Ar on his car. It was found in A raid in another Town by another Agency. We also had A Tac guys vehicle broke into at Frickers (Bar) his smg and other gear was stolen and later recovered. Bad news for them.