• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gilbert Arenas -- More Trouble Over Guns

Re: Gilbert Arenas -- More Trouble Over Guns

Wana know something interesting....I went to High School with him, had a bunch of classes with him all 3 years of HS. He was pretty much the class clown, always saying something funny. Shame how he let everything go down the drain, he was a nice guy.

"Arenas paid for the guns, BUT....

Tactical Operations claims Arenas never took possession of the weapons -- and owes the company over $70,000 in storage fees and interest."

Damn! $70,000 just to hang on to them?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Arenas paid for the guns, BUT....

Tactical Operations claims Arenas never took possession of the weapons -- and owes the company over $70,000 in storage fees and interest."

</div></div>

http://www.tacticaloperations.com/cover4.html

Same Tac Ops?

I would love to hear how one can justify $70M in storage fees. Whomever the correct Tac Ops vendor is - it is a voluminous statement about their integrity.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Same Tac Ops?

</div></div>

I would say that's a pretty good conclusion.

They very bad-ass.
smirk.gif

http://www.tacticaloperations.com/training/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">read the comments after,
some of them are downright scary </div></div>

+1

If there is one thing that really bothers me it is jumping to conclusions with zero actual knowledge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Arenas paid for the guns, BUT....

</div></div>

Same Tac Ops?

I would love to hear how one can justify $70M in storage fees. Whomever the correct Tac Ops vendor is - it is a voluminous statement about their integrity.

Good luck </div></div>
To any and all who have hammered or who may be thinking about hammering Tac Ops about the $70,000 in storage fees and interest and / or Tac Ops integrity, it is clear that you do not have a clue at all about Mike Rescigno and Tac Ops. Anyone who has dealt with or knows Mike Rescigno personally knows that he is the consumate professional and that his character and business dealings are beyond reproach.

There is alot more going-on here beneath the surface - stuff that goes much, much deeper than simple storage fees and interest. Tac Ops has top-notch in-house legal counsel and has proceeded in the most discreet, tactful manner possible. The DOJ, BATF, and DC Police are involved. That is all I am at liberty to say at this time, except that everything will come out if and when this goes to court.

Mike Rescigno has spoken to Lowlight about some of the details surrounding this case, and maybe Lowlight will post more info if and when he sees fit to do so.

BTW, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Mo_Zam_Beek</span></span> - the amount is <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">$70,000</span></span> (70K), NOT "<span style="font-style: italic">70M</span>" ($70,000,000) as you stated. You need to learn your decimal places <span style="font-style: italic">AND know the facts about people and circumstances</span> before trashing reputations and integrity. It is obvious that you need to work on both.

Keith

Aries - you don't have a finance background - got it. <span style="font-weight: bold">M</span> is the Roman Numeral for 1,000. <span style="font-weight: bold">K</span> is from the metric system for weight.

Also - sure would like to see any sort of a signed agreement which allows for such accumulated storage fees, or the state statute that would allow such an amount to accrue over time. "Storage Fees" do not include an overhead variance for being a pain in the ass. Short of an agreement or statute - I stand my by my statement.

Good luck

These days, "K" is used universally in the computer world, and increasingly everywhere else, to indicate 1000.

Actually, in the computer world it started out as 2 raised to the 10th power, or 1024, but has gradually been corrupted to indicate 1000 even.

M is used in some contexts for 1000, for example in natural gas and petroleum trading, where "MM" means 1 million, but far more people use K for 1000 than M.

And a general comment. One doesn't have to be questioning the integrity of Tac Ops nor it's owner to wonder about the magnitude of those "storage" fees.

This is the media, there are facts left out intentionally by the people that write this crap, and facts left out for legal reasons.......both which I'm sure apply here. Let's see how it pans out before one starts hurling stones, shall we?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I know the real deal on this concerning Tac Ops and the Law Suit. There's much more to this than what TMZ reported that cant be made public for obvious reasons.

The storage fees were made known up-front, no surprises. Once this deal is settled the details will come out but until then.......mums the word."</div></div>
Well said Roscoe.

I will say one thing, there is always more then meets the eye.
Mike R. is one of the most honest people I know, and for this reason he will always have my business. I have much respect for Mike, when you are one of his customers, he does everything in his power to make you happy, and would never screw someone out of money. I bet everyone here has heard the saying: "don't believe everything you read on the internet" well from time to time it runs true. Who are you guys to judge Mike's integrity due to some idiot reporter from TMZ who doesn't know the facts, you guys should all know that no one knows the whole story besides the ones directly involved in it. We are all mature here, yet a few of you are acting like high school girls.
Man up.
Thats all I have to say on the matter.
-Felipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">This is the media</span>, there are facts left out intentionally by the people that write this crap, and facts left out for legal reasons.......both which I'm sure apply here. Let's see how it pans out before one starts hurling stones, shall we? </div></div>

Even worse, it's the celebrity, paparazzi, anything for a buck, dogshit on a platter, media. Harvey Levin comes off as a jolly joker while his torpeodoes go after anyone even tangential to a person of "importance".

Something to think about next time you see some obnoxious fuck, having nothing at all to do with the story, mugging for the attention of a T.V. camera.

Any TMZ report requires ample corroboration before anything they say is taken as more than tabloid gossip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">This is the media</span>, there are facts left out intentionally by the people that write this crap, and facts left out for legal reasons.......both which I'm sure apply here. Let's see how it pans out before one starts hurling stones, shall we? </div></div>

Even worse, it's the celebrity, paparazzi, anything for a buck, dogshit on a platter, media. Harvey Levin comes off as a jolly joker while his torpeodoes go after anyone even tangential to a person of "importance".

Something to think about next time you see some obnoxious fuck, having nothing at all to do with the story, mugging for the attention of a T.V. camera.

Any TMZ report requires ample corroboration before anything they say is taken as more than tabloid gossip. </div></div>

The media is bad enough just reporting on regular issues, throw a firearms dealer/manufacturer in there and its wolves on the sacrificial sheep. Absolute bullshit, and its only too bad they aren't ashamed of how they contort issues to make headlines. In my opinion, and I feel I'm not alone, the world would be better off without these people in it, or at least reporting the news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Same Tac Ops?

Good luck </div></div>

Hey there... I don't think you should be jumping to so many conclusions. I have dealt a lot with Mike and he is a stand up guy. He is old school like me... a look in the eye and a hand shake means something. He has integrity, respect, and honor. This I know !

I know some about what is happening and you guys aren't even seeing the tip of the ice berg.

I would recommend to you that you don't throw someone under the bus, just because of something you read. After all, we all know that the media never lies !!

Why don't you show some respect for Mike and Tac Ops and let the chips fall where they may..

thanks,
Scott

There's gotta be more to this story than what was reported in that article. Something doesn't sound right with this. I'm hoping its bad reporting. From what I have heard about Mike through friends who have dealt with him personally, I am having a hard time buying this. They have all indicated Mike is more than reasonable in his business dealings...a stand-up kinda guy. I'm going to wait until I hear the straight scoop before I make any further comments.

Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sheldon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At $10 a gun per day storage, the 5 guns stored 4 years comes to $73,000. </div></div>I'm in the wrong business.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Arenas paid for the guns, BUT....

</div></div>

Same Tac Ops?

Good luck</div></div>

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye and you are completely off base questioning the "integrity of Tac Ops" in this situation. Because you don't have a clue it's easy to assume, however, you're assumptions definitely make you look like the ass in this case.

Integrity is a big part of this, which is why Tac Ops is on the right side of this situation, from more than one angle.

Just because something seems out of the ordinary to you or some others, doesn't mean it's "wrong" it's just not the whole story.

Some people would think that not knowing would resign one to sit back and watch more so than opening their mouth speaking as if they had a clue.

And by the way, Tac Ops is not a vendor on here, but I can tell you that Mike has been very stand up with me in a lot of ways.

As the old addage goes, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Because you don't have a clue it's easy to assume, however, you're assumptions definitely make you look like the ass in this case.
</div></div>

If you say so - it must be true. And by the same token - since we all have limited sources of data on all matters - I guess we all look like asses all of the time.

The wonderful thing about this country is that all things can be litigated. In the absence of a signed document it will default to statute.....Even in CA I doubt he would win a judgment on $70M in "storage fees".

And while there may be more to it than what was reported - based on what was reported - any company that would make a claim of $70M in "storage fees" when other remedies are available to them.....

ETA - Got it... the article is wrong, it is a misnomer... the grievance isn't about storage fees. Moving on.

Good luck

Mo_Zam_Beek

Like I stated above, Mike is a very great guy to do business with and ONE of few I trust nowadays. He has my upmost respect. Period !

I myself am a business owner. When people don't pay what they owe you, you add interest every month as allowed by law. It doesn't take anytime at all to build a large sum of money over a period of time. And yes, that person will owe you that money plus interest. No different than a credit card company or a bank giving out a loan. Not paid in full, interest is added and compounds.

Not Mike or Tac Ops has done anything wrong or unjustifiable in my opinion.

thanks for your time.
Scott

It is also no different than failure to pay for a mini storage unit - the law allows for the Landlord's remedy of seizing the contents and selling it to pay for accumulated storage fees. Particularly in the case where the value of the underlying asset is eclipsed by the accumulated amounts, going to court to sue for a judgment.... well, lets just say if it is really a "storage fee" and even in the state of CA, I wish you all the best in getting such a judgment.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The wonderful thing about this country is that all things can be litigated. In the absence of a signed document it will default to statute.....Even in CA I doubt he would win a judgment on $70M in "storage fees".

And while there may be more to it than what was reported - based on what was reported

ETA - Got it... the article is wrong, it is a misnomer... the grievance isn't about storage fees. Moving on.

Good luck</div></div>

Everything can be litigated is partially the problem. Also, when you start believing what is reported on the news, especially internet news when it involves superstars or guns without knowing the facts, you have bigger problems my friend. And the storage fees are the problem. If he signed a contract I'm positive Tac Ops told him the specifics, tried to make sure he understood them, and knows he has basically defaulted on his legally binding agreement............hence them saying "Pay Me My Money." Its a business, and not a business of building firearms, with suppressors in CA I might add, and letting them sit in the shop. He wants to move his product and make people happy.

Kelly

My guess... and this is only a guess... is that framing the $70K as "storage fees" is wrong. Basically, it is a penalty for not picking up merchandise. It is more of an incentive than a "service rendered." Just like you get hit with a $50 charge for being a day late on your credit card payment. The point is to get customers to pay their bills on time, not a day late, not two days late, but on time. The $50 is an incentive, not intended to represent interest for the amount of cash outstanding.

I am not saying that $70K is not an incredible amount of money... but I have been in similar situations with my business. We will charge an exorbitant amount of money for something trying to help the customer's decision-making process along. Sometimes you get a stubborn customer who won't go along. Then, we are in a game of chicken. Things can escalate and get out of hand, which is what happened here, I imagine. I mean really, 4 years? $70K? Who blinks first?