• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors glock 20

Re: glock 20

I got one as a sidearm for bowhunting, and it is accurate. If you want to take advantage of the full power that the G20 is capable of delivering, you will need to either buy some Buffalo Bore, or Double Tap ammo, or use handloads. If you decide to handload, the Glock factory barrel chamber can cause cases to bulge near the case head, which for me, was cured by a KKM barrel, & a 22lb recoil spring. I push a moderate load of 10.2 gr800x 165gr fmj @ 1375fps, no pressure signs. If u want to shoot factory ammo, the most available options are scarcely above .40 Smith & Wesson loadings, then I would get a G35

I have a 20 for my backpacking and fishing in the swamp gun. The 10mm is an awesome round, when loaded properly it will add 200+ fps to any 40cal load on the market.

Try here for loading data.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1329118#Post1329118

ChadTRG42 will make you loads for it. Be prepared to load your own ammo or spend $1 a round for Winchester or Double Tap or Buffalo Bore. I don't know what Chad charges but I would guess it's not anywhere near as expensive as the factories.

You can get a drop in barrel from Barsto or Lone Wolf (mine is LW) and shoot 40's as well.

You will really like the pistol I think, it's pretty close to a 41mag but it holds 15+1.

10mm is a great round as said above! Doubletap has some heavy 200grain cast loads that would be great for backpacking but you will need to get a different barrel to shoot the cast lead out of the G20. The newer G20s with the short frame grip feel really good in your hand as well...definately an improvement over the older models in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20 for my backpacking and fishing in the swamp gun. The 10mm is an awesome round, when loaded properly it will add 200+ fps to any 40cal load on the market.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1329118#Post1329118

ChadTRG42 will make you loads for it. Be prepared to load your own ammo or spend $1 a round for Winchester or Double Tap or Buffalo Bore. I don't know what Chad charges but I would guess it's not anywhere near as expensive as the factories.

You can get a drop in barrel from Barsto or Lone Wolf (mine is LW) and shoot 40's as well.

You will really like the pistol I think, it's pretty close to a 41mag but it holds 15+1. </div></div>

thats exactly what i was planning swap the barrel with the 40s&w shoot that mainly then when i use it backpacking put the 10mm in.
thanks for the responses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkv_89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20 for my backpacking and fishing in the swamp gun. The 10mm is an awesome round, when loaded properly it will add 200+ fps to any 40cal load on the market.

You will really like the pistol I think, it's pretty close to a 41mag but it holds 15+1. </div></div>
thats exactly what i was planning swap the barrel with the 40s&w shoot that mainly then when i use it backpacking put the 10mm in.
thanks for the responses </div></div>

Don't forget: the G20 easily morphs into a <span style="font-weight: bold">5-in-1</span> gun with the availability of these aftermarket "drop-in" tubes not only in .40S&W, but also in .357 Sig & 9x25 Dillon. And there's a .22 l.r. upper slide & barrel unit available to run on the G20/G21 frames for really cheapo plinkin' with your EDC/CCW, backpacking or duty use pistol.

At least with the other 3 calibers, all you need are the spare barrels, as they all run fine off the G20's stock 10mm mags and recoil assembly. But you probably already knew that.

10mm, .40, .357 Sig. 9x25 and .22 l.r. all out of one pistol - doesn't get much more versatile than that.
cool.gif

The Glock 20 is easier to shoot well with bigger hands, but that doesn't mean that smaller paws can't shoot well either. If you decide not to handload for it right away Corbon's 180gr hunting ammo is pretty stout. The Glock Forum has a 10mm section as does the AR15 forum. Enjoy it. It's one of my favorite calibers.
Semper Fi

I have a G20C and if you plan on using the compensated verison after dark it will blind you somewhat with the flash from the ports. But this can be fixed with a drop in barrel without the port. It compensater does help with muzzel flip when shooting in the daylight. You will what to reload this round or spend big money on fullhouse loads for it. The cheap UMC stuff is really weak compared to the low side of the reloading maunal. My first mild reloads for it I was like damn this seem real hot compared and had to recheck my scale and powder drops but they where correct. I also carry mine when I go into the woods its a powerful round when loaded correctly will take deer no problem and hogs from what I have read. A big plus with the G20 is the high cap mags also. Its a lot of heavy fire power in on mag. Get one you will not be disappointed and there is a big following for the weapon. Do some searching and you will see. Also one of Ted Nuggets favorite pistols.

I also have the drop in .40s&w barrel for my G20. I don't like the way the gun feels in my hand, but it points naturally, and there is almost no movement of the sights when I squeeze a round off. The whole G20 experience kicks ass. Buy one now. Wear safety glasses when shooting 135gr Noslers doing 1450fps at milk jugs full of water from 20 yards. It's also an aphrodisiac.

mkv,

The G20 is a great handgun especially if you reload. Loaded down, the 10mm is a sweetheart in the big frame. Loaded hot, it is a handful if you shoot it much. 50 rounds of the hot stuff and I am done.

I had a Kimber 1911 in 10mm. Despite a much lighter & cleaner trigger, tighter chamber, and thinner grip (I do not have large hands), the Kimber did not shoot as well the G20 even with junk ammo.

My 0.02 of a dollar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkv_89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20 for my backpacking and fishing in the swamp gun. The 10mm is an awesome round, when loaded properly it will add 200+ fps to any 40cal load on the market.

Don't forget: the G20 easily morphs into a <span style="font-weight: bold">5-in-1</span> gun with the availability of these aftermarket "drop-in" tubes not only in .40S&W, but also in .357 Sig & 9x25 Dillon. And there's a .22 l.r. upper slide & barrel unit available to run on the G20/G21 frames for really cheapo plinkin' with your EDC/CCW, backpacking or duty use pistol.

At least with the other 3 calibers, all you need are the spare barrels, as they all run fine off the G20's stock 10mm mags and recoil assembly. But you probably already knew that.

10mm, .40, .357 Sig. 9x25 and .22 l.r. all out of one pistol - doesn't get much more versatile than that.
cool.gif

</div></div>Also can be converted to 45apc with a slide and barrel change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can always have a grip reduction done if the fit in your hand it's right. </div></div>

Yep, like I did. A number of outfits offer reduction services. Results vary ...

I went with Bowie Tactical Concepts (BTC). But on my G20 I didn't want or need a "full house" reduction. Just backstrap work, a beavertail, and then removal of some material ("radiusing") under the trigger guard for a higher purchase.

I've owned this pistol for a very, very long time and it's always shot great, still does. I was amazed, however, at how much more ergonomic it handled after a few simple items of work on the frame - especially when rapid-firing a 15-rd magazine stuffed with high performance 10mm ammo. Great work.

<span style="font-weight: bold">My G20.
Target courtesy of Double Tap's 10mm 165gn Golden Sabers.</span>
G201.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">A full house BTC G21 (same frame as a G20).</span>
bowieG21.jpg

www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/pictures.html

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkv_89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 20 for my backpacking and fishing in the swamp gun. The 10mm is an awesome round, when loaded properly it will add 200+ fps to any 40cal load on the market.

cool.gif

</div></div>Also can be converted to 45apc with a slide and barrel change. </div></div>

Yes. And at least one member on GT's 10Ring posted recently that he's got a 38 Super "conversion" unit running on his G20 with no issues. Didn't know that was possible, but, ... hey ...
shocked.gif
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yes. And at least one member on GT's 10Ring posted recently that he's got a 38 Super "conversion" unit running on his G20 with no issues. Didn't know that was possible, but, ... hey ...
shocked.gif
cool.gif
</div></div>

38 Super is a semi rimmed cartridge, it probably just requires a drop in barrel since the round probably has almost identical slide/bolt face dimensions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

shocked.gif
cool.gif
</div></div>

38 Super is a semi rimmed cartridge, it probably just requires a drop in barrel since the round probably has almost identical slide/bolt face dimensions. </div></div>

I believe you're correct, as far as I can recall the guy's post, that it was a "drop-in" barrel only, not a complete slide/barrel unit.

Can a G21 be converted to 10mm with a barrel(and maybe a recoil spring) change and a G20 magazine? It would certianly be a nice, quick way to take a little more power to the farm without buying a new gun.

KY: AFAIK, it's "no go" with barrel-only due to the different breech-face dimensions and, I believe, extractor/ejector issues.

You can, however, still use a G21 frame and run a complete G20 upper (including the 10mm recoil unit) on it.

IIRC, there are a huge number of posts over on GT where this has been done. You might try doing a Search there for user experiences with this set-up.

cool.gif

Many thanks for the info steppenwolf, it's just my luck.

The question then becomes is it cheaper to look for a G20 upper or just tear up the pawn shops/used gun racks looking for one? Probably the latter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many thanks for the info steppenwolf, it's just my luck.

The question then becomes is it cheaper to look for a G20 upper or just tear up the pawn shops/used gun racks looking for one? <span style="font-weight: bold">Probably the latter</span>. </div></div>

Yep, <span style="font-weight: bold">this</span> ...

I saw two early model G20s, a G21 and G30 in a local gun store's "pre-owned" section. Pricing was "okay," but you might do better at a pawn shop or gun show if their shelves/tables are full of used pistols. Depends on how bad they want to move them. Every dealer wants to sell the newer, "hot" stuff at top pricing if possible.

Good luck.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkv_89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking at another backpacking pistol wondering if anybody had any use with the glock 20 it shoots a 10mm. not familiar with this round would like some input on what people thinks </div></div>

Backpacking pistol. Living in MT I am assuming you are intending to use the G20 for protection primarily from animals?