• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Good Beginners School

blkside

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Lake Elsinore,Ca
First I looked but using search brings up 400000000000 post with sniper,school or other key words.

When I get back from overseas I want to get some time in with some real shooters (no offense to NE1 here) in person to get some good hands on. Where are some good day and weekend classes? Im in southern california (well I will be again) and would travel within reason.

Re: Good Beginners School

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifles Only, Worth every penny </div></div>

+100 Jacob and Frank run a show far beyond any others

I am sensing a pattern but I would suggest Rifles Only. You will learn the right way to employ a long range precision rifle by people who know how to do just that. You will leave a much better shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you all came out of the Vagina as Snipers.. There has to be a school somewhere.. </div></div>

i read a lot when i was in there....of course,,,,this was before the internet....now i do all my best shooting ON the internet...

looks from your profile that you are jonsin to be LEO....there are places that gain you LE certification towards degree....i'm just sayin....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you all came out of the Vagina as Snipers</div></div>I see you've already been to our department.
laugh.gif

Unfortunately, some departments do have that training philosophy, selection criteria, and/or performance goal.

I'll about bet if you talked to some local SH members they would meet you at the range. There isn't but probably 10,000 in the southern Cal area. I'm sure out of that many there might be a few standup guys that may help you.

How much trigger time have you had... and with what?

Rifles Only is an excellent school. Being half way across the country and on fixed income makes it difficult for me to make it to very many classes.

Well Bolt.. I have been #2 in line to get picked up but not made it although I havent tried for long. Ill be moving to AZ to try and to be in a Free State.

What does this mean
"there are places that gain you LE certification towards degree....i'm just sayin...."

Victor... I will be in the AZ area and hope to have some fellow shooters give me long range pointers.

As far as overall trigger time.. I would guess in the 30k-40k range including rifle and pistols.

With this .308 I want to build up a little about 200 rounds mostly to get use to it. Havent even really zeroed it in. Wasnt going to until I got a good piece of glass..

So this is for all you AZ shooters... HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Ill be out there at the end of next year when I return from the Real Desert...

Try taking a look at ITTS - with Scotty Reitz. He is in LA. Worked for LA Metro, and a SWAT instructor. Fantastic teacher. He is definitely on my short list of instructors that I respect and admire.

R,

John

JohnMWoo said:
Try taking a look at ITTS - with Scotty Reitz. He is in LA. Worked for LA Metro, and a SWAT instructor. Fantastic teacher. He is definitely on my short list of instructors that I respect and admire.

+1 with ITTS

BLKSIDE,
If i were in Cali I'd look into Scott's classes. Good guy to go to. I have been to a lot of his classes. I have shot along side some good guys. Look forward to it again.

SOTA